MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quist? M42 sd heer helmet

Article about: Hello all! This my first venture into the helmet world. And if possible I d like to hear some opinions please? Its a M42 of that much I'm confident lol, but that s about the extent of my kno

Hello Steve. 64 is what I think too although the 4 could be a 7? But I doubt it, it s almost like viewing a 3d picture the more you try tosee it the blurrier it gets. If there is a letter in front of it I cannot make it out? The second series of numbers looks like 7073? The mark I was curious about is directly above the first seven. Its very small but distinct (I feel as I'm setting up a joke here lol) but on a serious note. It s also present on the helmet in the enclosed thread first post second picture down. Is that a relevant mark or am I reading too far into it? Thanks again.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist? M42 sd heer helmet
    P
    Many

I'm seeing what I Think reads :

ckl64
    Regards,

Steve.

M38
    ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'm seeing what I Think reads :

ckl64
    I agree. Assuming the decal is real, it could NOT be either a Q or a bvl as neither of those should have decals. The lot number is the font and style of ckl and the first letter in the series before the size looks like a C.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thanks Terry and Steve. I do think the decal is of period given that everything else looks undisturbed, so both points check out. I'm just learning what I can about helmets. And everybody has been very helpful! Thanks to all for taking your time to comment. Best regards.

Brian

?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post

Out of curiosity is there any insight on the producer? I know its hard to see the heat stamps,
    This helmet looks to me to be a CKL stamped M42 with a 3033 lot (maybe?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2