Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quiz Time....Again.

Article about: Thanks Jim for giving us this quiz. Here is my 2nd attempt, the guy on the right is wearing trainers? Thanks, Jerry

Default Re: Quiz Time....Again.

Thanks Jim for giving us this quiz. Here is my 2nd attempt, the guy on the right is wearing trainers?

Thanks,

JerryQuiz Time....Again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quiz Time....Again.
    P
    Many

Wouldn't it have been the "Groen Politie" doing this type of work?

the soldier on the right , besides his helmet looks like it is plastic , it has no wermacht decal?

?

Not necessarily, Crazy Horse... He's wearin an m42 and it wasn't uncommon for them to have no decals...

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Not necessarily, Crazy Horse... He's wearin an m42 and it wasn't uncommon for them to have no decals...
    thats true, was taking a shot in the dark, though some soldats did purchase decals on their own.

?

Its not raining. thats whats wrong. It should be bloody pouring in Holland in spring..at least every time I visit there it is....

Lots of things for sure - but what really struck me was the white "border" around the tri-colour!

Rob

Yeah, basically, what I think is wrong with the picture is the nice newly issued M35 with a Tri-colour decal with a white border around it. The movie is set in 1945 for gods sake and as you know the tri-colour was discontinued as factory issue after early 1940! You would think that the researchers would have sorted out the historical accuracies before they blew the budget on cheap repro helmets!

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Yeah, basically, what I think is wrong with the picture is the nice newly issued M35 with a Tri-colour decal with a white border around it. The movie is set in 1945 for gods sake and as you know the tri-colour was discontinued as factory issue after early 1940! You would think that the researchers would have sorted out the historical accuracies before they blew the budget on cheap repro helmets!
    Yes, but rules were often broken and I'm sure we could find late war pics with DD helmets in them, well mostly sure!

Also, its called suspension of disbelief, where accuracy is not as important as visual impact and most movie goers wont know its wrong, but expect to see thier nazis with decals on thier helmets.

Great quiz Jim and also I'm sure that guy has got trainers on?

Jerry

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Yes, but rules were often broken and I'm sure we could find late war pics with double decal helmets in them, well mostly sure!

Also, its called suspension of disbelief, where accuracy is not as important as visual impact and most movie goers wont know its wrong, but expect to see thier nazis with decals on thier helmets.

Great quiz Jim and also I'm sure that guy has got trainers on?

Jerry
    You are probably right about the helmets Jerry, be good to see a bona fide 1945 shot of a double decal though. I was only going on what was most common. I know what you mean about the accuracy thing too. Didn't see any misplaced decals in Band of Brothers though . And those trainers are Nike Air TR, Limited Edition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast