Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

qvL64 stamped M42 with Single Decal?

Article about: I only now saw this thread Jim. Nice one ... the rivets are quite flat aren't they? ( not the 3 piece domed type we normally encounter) Cheers, Dan

Default qvL64 stamped M42 with Single Decal?

From what I've researched, mostly all the examples of the late war "qvL" M42 helmets don't have any decals. This helmet is from my late father's collection. A fellow collector asked if the decal could be removed with some nail polish remover with acetone, which I tried. It didn't do anything to the decal. How can I verify that this is a real single decal qvL shell?

qvL64 stamped M42 with Single Decal?qvL64 stamped M42 with Single Decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement qvL64 stamped M42 with Single Decal?
    P
    Many

The shell is no doubt a real "-vl" shell. From the picture on the left it appears that the decal is a repo. Even if it is a real decal, which I do not believe to be the case, it would havee been applied post War, as the consensus is that "-vl" stamped shells are very late War, well beyond the period when decals were applied. Jim G.

I only now saw this thread Jim.
    Nice one ... the rivets are quite flat aren't they? ( not the 3 piece domed type we normally encounter)
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, the decal is repro, interesting to note the closer distance between the air vent and split pin compared to other shell makers. I don't like the split pin.

Much thanks, guys!

Fake paint, fake decal and repro rivets on a good qvl shell. Can't comment the liner though but it's a restored helmet basically.