Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

QVL66 M42 Mint Unissued?

Article about: and a nice liner!

Default Re: QVL66 M42 Mint Unissued?

and a nice liner!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QVL66 M42 Mint Unissued?
    P
    Many

Yep and we can figure out the rest with better pics you can take, if you win.

?

This one is worth a punt for sure, depending on what price the auction ends at.
    It would be cool to have one of these, I have seen them stamped bvl also.
    I think the q was placed in the stamp upside down when struck.
    Good luck Corey.

Brad.

I would go for it.
    Good luck,I hope you get it.
    chris

Thanks guys

Regards,
    Corey

?

Looks good, your pic of the chart techically is a copyright infringement. Brian's done some great work on lot numbers and research, by his own admission there are a lot of theories here. Not sure what he has for source documentation.

I don't own the book, I just borrowed the photo from an eBay listing where somebody photographed the page. The photo is deleted now.

The liner ring looks abit looser than I would have expected. I would have thought that an original factory installed liner would be spot on tight to the shell the entire length around. Possibly an unfinished shell that someone put a "matching" new liner in to finish it? This would explain the odd chinstrap also. Either way, it's a great looking rig and certainly worth the 100 dollar shot. As has been said, it's a rare maker and very late war, if nothing else. I'd go for it. Good luck!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

just thought i might add this the images are of a post war czech m42 civil defence
    Attached Images Attached Images QVL66 M42 Mint Unissued?  QVL66 M42 Mint Unissued? 

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks good, your pic of the chart techically is a copyright infringement. Brian's done some great work on lot numbers and research, by his own admission there are a lot of theories here. Not sure what he has for source documentation.
    No problem with posting the photo of the chart as credit was given. As there is a lack of factory helmet documentation, I'm afraid that theory has to play a certain role in helmet research. Most books on German helmets have their fair share of theory of you read them closely. Well thought out theories can be a benefit until more complete information becomes available.

I wrote the lot number book (as well as the two late war helmet books) in an effort to expand the knowledge base of the hobby. There was a lot of raw information that I ordered and arranged in addition to my observations. Some interesting patterns have arisen such as the approximate location of decal drops, the consistency of certain factory decals, the location/style of factory markings, etc..

Not everyone's cup of tea, but many have found it helpful in their study of German helmets.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast