Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Rad m-40

Article about: by francis006 simply because the decal was on bad helmets (paint and/or application ) ! (BTW The other very scare "variant" with the swas in a round shield also is bad ) This opini

Hi Frank, your determination to find out the truth is commendable. The subject at hand even 5 years later must have really struck a nerve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad m-40
    P
    Many

Thanks Ty , I have Always found it important that the power of knowledge is not with one man but is shared with the community. RAD decals have Always been ignored somewhat because examples were few.
    Thankfully these days are over.

BTW Here's the RAD decal which is for me the only proven correct one. Viewed on a lot of ET M42 , M40 and recently saw the first on an EF shell. (DD)

Stuck over a Heer decal this one.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What's in yellow is now a proven incorrect statement.
    All original examples I have seen up till now (and I think I have seen all the RAD helmets ever posted online , give or take a couple) have the same style decal.
    Thanks Frank , glad to see I wasn't that wrong agaisnt the odds ....
    I didn't know one of the reasons of your RAD addiction was related to the same seller ...

I just would add after only reading again this topic , and well summerized by these few sentences ,

"That helmet had been vetted on yet another forum and was determined to probably be original, based on a large number of very detailled photos, by several well-qualified helmet guys.......Suffice it to say that a discussion was immediately started when the helmet went up for sale by some self-styled "experts" on that particular forum who loudly declared the decals were phony without any basis other than "fake", bad fake", etc.... When I asked for the basis for their opinions and pointed out to them the lack of documentation and knowledge about RAD decal maufacture and distribution, they weren't having it, yet couldn't really explain to me the basis for their opinions other than vague generalities (wrong shape, lack of detail, etc.) !!!!
    I agree with you and believe that there were no manufacturing standards or bulk orders for RAD decals that would produce uniformity and don't for a minute think that this M-40 is anything other than original. IMHO, RAD decals were most likely locally manufactured by a number of different small shops, opening the door to minor differences in them. There is nothing to indicate they were ever produced in large numbers or on contract by the well-known decal manufacturers. There are no RAD regulations that specifiy manufacturing standards for helmet decals. In conclusion, I believe, as I pointed out to my challengers, you need to know something about the organization and its history if you want to collect the artifacts . . not just know about the artifacts themselves"

that , even if it's a 5 years old topic, it's always been the same story to dissmiss evidences or at least strong arguments :

-You don't know the history , organization and distribution ...
    -show me informations , period documents or pics to prove ...
    -there were no manufacturing standards for some organizations .....
    -there were small production by factories or small shops ......opening the door to minor differences in the shape and the manufacturing .....
    -The provenance is strong ....
    -Using comparisons between things that have nothing in common ....
    -talking about rare pieces that wasn't known before....and sentences like :"I have seen numerous unquestionable original pieces doomed to the pits of doubt due to oral tradition that no one can state the source or the information to back that train of thought up".....
    -When sure fake or original are shown as facts based on details in the shape , the color or manufacturing process , they aren't the same as the one in the topic .....
    -Eventually last when you insist , leave the topic dragging to the "dark side" .... personal attacks ect...

Even if some are valuable , some for sure necessary and in some case you can leave a door open , I would say take care if a topic shows all these elements because it has good chances to crash into the wall .

I also am happy Ty changed his mind and to answer his 5 years previous question "Is there a nay sayer that is a total and undeniable expert in this field? "
    I would say no one is an undeniable or an infallible expert . Some collectors are better in certain fields , others in different ones
    Just some can have more experience or have more skill for looking , analysing and then answering correctly or at least trying the closest to the truth but I'ld add only IMHO if the work has been made with the most wisdom , logical and integrity as possible .

I think Frank , Doug and others would agree

Crash into a wall I like that , exactly my feelings. You just know when some people are squirming to delay the inevitable verdict.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post

BTW Here's the RAD decal which is for me the only proven correct one. Viewed on a lot of ET M42 , M40 and recently saw the first on an EF shell. (DD)

Stuck over a Heer decal this one.

Hi Frank, I have a SD RAD (former HEER) on an EF shell. It is one I mentioned earlier in this thread. Here it is. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Rad m-40   Rad m-40  

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Frank, I have a SD RAD (former HEER) on an EF shell. It is one I mentioned earlier in this thread. Here it is. Jim G.
    Second EF M42 I have seen so far (the other recently on the WAF) and one M40 EF.
    Good stuff ;-)

?

Hello francis
    Great thread I particularly liked the flat looking comment in one of your initial posts.

Regards
    Eric

Thanks Eric

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6