Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rad m-42

Article about: Another RAD helmet issued to an RAD member attached to a Heer unit. The helmet has an inventory number on the skirt. Most likely, this helmet was worn by RAD member working on the Atlantic d

Historiker
    ?

Default Re: Rad m-42

Hi Doug,

Yes, I'll get pics posted directly. Just returned from a trip to the States and am still getting settled back in so it may take me a day or two to put it together.

Bill

2. # ADS

Historiker
    ?

Default Re: Rad m-42

Hi Doug,

Very sorry for the LONG delay in getting pics of my RAD helmet with the remains of a probable EF SS decal on it. I hurt my back and could not sit at the computer for a period of time. Much better now but still have to be careful. Fortunately, the x-rays were negative which means it was a soft tissue injury. Getting old is a real bummer!!!!!

Anyway, note the disctinctive shape of the decal remains and the indications of the border. To seal the deal, the helmet is an EF 64, batch number 4227. I've had it in my collection for over 15 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

The helmet that starts this topic is a great looking RAD helmet.
    RIP Bob.

Hi Frank, I am now the custodian of this helmet. One of a few that I now am proud to own that once were in Bob's collection, including the Bahnschutz in Baer. RIP Bob. Jim G.

Here are the 2 that were once Bob's for which I am now charged with the duty to preserve for future generations. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42   Rad m-42  

Rad m-42  

MAP
    ?

Could not have gone to a better care taker. Two great looking helmets. Thanks for showing them again
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice ! Could the number 40 be the Westwall unit number ? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2