Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or Fake? German SS Helmet

Article about: Hey everyone! I am 17 years old and recently started collecting World War 2 relics, I purchased this helmet from a local man and was told it was real. I just would like to confirm whether it

I hope you didn't get scammed out of too much money

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake? German SS Helmet
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum, sorry to agree with the chaps but it is all true i'm afraid , a fake SS helmet that is not even close to what an original would look like. Leon.

?

Welcome to the forum. I've posted a few helpful hints in the SS helmet section that are pinned which you may find useful. If you ever need advice on anything while starting out please post first and ask a lot of questions. Stay well away from "local sellers" and anything SS. You will be discouraged quickly.
    Cheers and have fun in the hobby!

And the dead giveaway this is not Third Reich is the type of liner suspended from the dome - post war. NH

This is a hobby that requires study...especially the field of SS helmets. If you knew the basics of WWII German helmet design, you would have recognized it as a postwar helmet immediately...I recommend studying the subject/items you want to collect, and you will go into a purchase armed with knowledge...Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn

Sorry to say also I am no SS collector but your helmet isn't WW2 as post above mentioned above post war BGS (West German Boder Guard) probably out of 50 60 any german helmet without side rivets and suspended from top is BGS guaranteed I got stung on this when I first started out took a old Floyd Tubbs German helmet book to wise me up. You will get better at knowing the difference in time now especially with forums and internet don't take long. timothy

Thanks everyone for all the replies.

I also purchased a German gasmask from this man a couple days after I got the helmet and now I am afraid the Gasmask might not be genuine too...

May I upload photos of the Gasmask to this thread so you guys can have a look?

Thanks.

J Jennings.

Hello J, That should be best answered by posting it in the "Field Equipment And Accessories of the Third Reich" forum. More people will see it that way.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello J, That should be best answered by posting it in the "Field Equipment And Accessories of the Third Reich" forum. More people will see it that way.
    Thanks my friend.

Sadly, you got ripped. A swift kick in the fork to the seller might make you feel better?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast