Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Helmet M40

Article about: M 40 steel helmet, ET stamped, liner size 57, remains of sand and dark green coloured camouflage scheme applied with a thick brush (brush strokes clearly visible on close inspection). Some p

?

Default Real or Fake Helmet M40

M 40 steel helmet, ET stamped, liner size 57, remains of sand and dark green coloured camouflage scheme applied with a thick brush (brush strokes clearly visible on close inspection). Some pitting inside and out, remains of Kriegsmarine decal to left side. Chinstrap and liner leather are supple.

Comes with what I am told is a first pattern SS camouflage cover as were sometimes acquired by coastal artillery in North western Europe where this helmet was picked up by a vet

I am hopeful that it is real as the vet was from my unit and i know the regiment 'collected' on a extensive basis.
    Attached Images Attached Images Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40  Real or Fake Helmet M40 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Helmet M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake Helmet M40

Not liking why I see so far. Need more pics, and a pic of the entire inside. Liner is a repro. Decal looks like it might be too. Need a close up. I would stay away from this one. And I highly doubt the SS Camo cover. They aren't cheap and usually aren't included with a non-SS helmet.

?

Thanks Helmetone, i am new to this field as my collection starts 1796 to present day yeomanry regiments. That is why i posted it on the site, this was offered on e bay, then withdrawn by e bay for illegal signage??

Ebay doesn't allow items with the swastika unless its a religious item or Native American item, etc. I bet this one was being sold out of Eastern Europe area? If German helmets are a field you have no ventures into, than I would stay well away from eBay. Nothing but fakes and messed with helmets. Very few original pieces. The SS camo covers alone run several thousand US dollars. Thank you for posting before buying.

?

Sadly it was sold out of Huntersville, North Carolina, United States. So perhaps the 'North American' area was accurate.

Paul

Ah ok. Well. It's junk so no loss for you. To give you an idea, I sold a junk relic shell post war painted blac. Sold it on eBay to Texas. Three weeks later it was back on eBay dressed up as an all original german WWII black helmet. They seller had placed a fake liner inside of it and I think a fake strap. Can't remember. Was about a year ago. I didn't see it sell, but it gives you an idea. If you want a German helmet, check any of the forum sponsors in their site banners, or check the classifieds.

?

Thanks again he wanted $400 plus $35 postage.

400 bucks for a KM is also on the cheaper side.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I also do npt like what I see.
    I do not like the decal but better pictures could make a difference.
    chris

Looks like garbage , liner pins not matching , bad decal and bad leather. Humped up relic imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast