Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or Fake m35 ND sand camo

Article about: Hello, I have a question for the pro's on this forum. This helmet is for sale on the internet. The buyer told me he bought this helmet 15 years ago as original camo helmet. What do you think

?

Default Re: Real or Fake m35 ND sand camo

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Like I said, I'm not sure if it is original paint, but the paint has a very similar pattern to paint from original camo shells like the one pictured here:

Attachment 371079

Just a similarity I thought worth noting. That is why I believe the paint job is old. Just my opinion. In any case, this helmet is not worth much either way.

Corey
    That does'nt necessarily mean too much, its the easiest thing in the world to paint around helmet pins, remove them and age the paintwork also the photo you show has edges to the flaking paint whereas the one in the thread has smooth edges ie due to possible sanding

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake m35 ND sand camo
    P
    Many

Thanks for the link and additional pics. I still think it looks strangely smooth (almost as if sanded), as opposed to the pic you provided which seems to have more of a natural flaking of paint due to rust. That's just my amateur observations though...

Quote by davejb View Post
    That does'nt necessarily mean too much, its the easiest thing in the world to paint around helmet pins, remove them and age the paintwork also the photo you show has edges to the flaking paint whereas the one in the thread has smooth edges ie due to possible sanding
    Why would somebody go through all that trouble to gain an extra 10 bucks? This shell doesn't have much collector's value.

Hi guys. this helmet was posted before along with a white wintercamo shell. also cant find the link.
    The relic in corry's reply looks like mine

Quote by willemketel View Post
    Hi guys. this helmet was posted before along with a white wintercamo shell. also cant find the link.
    The relic in corry's reply looks like mine
    It may be as I saved the photo from the forum

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Why would somebody go through all that trouble to gain an extra 10 bucks? This shell doesn't have much collector's value.
    For someone who has less knowledge it might not be 10 bucks it could be 100-200bucks, thats why people do it, why do any of the fakers do it, money pure and simple, if they can fool someone into buying a helmet thats been messed with and get extra cash, thats a good enough reason for them

Not a fan of this one at all, regardless of camo colour. Certainly looks like un natural wear to get more money out of it.

Dave summed it up really well. The guys that paint these things aren't thinking of historical value, they want max profit. Why would you try to sell a dump ND shell with rust when you could 'camo' it and convince someone it's a DAK or snow camo shell, the better the look the more you can ask. It might not fool us but it only takes one guy who like it and pays without hesitation....

Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2