Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Is it real helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone i wanted to ask someone who is familliar with helmets is this helmet real? My grandfather found helmet in attic and im absolutely clueless if its legit. If it is what is an es

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Really? That's the first time hearing of that size must be pretty rare! I guess I stand corrected!
    Its a misstamp. The actual size is a 66. Jody posted it here a while back, if you search it out you can find it I bet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it real helmet?
    P
    Many

Not to put too fine a point on it - but for the benefit of novices you can see how the liner edge was roughed up all the way around to make it look older. Caps and helmet linings do not exhibit this rough kind of wear. They get the most wear near the forehead area and on edges where they are handled repeatedly. This kind of fake aging is a dead giveaway. Plus the line looks like it was made from an old pocketbook. NH

Im Tempted just to start a thread " War Booty Tall Tales "

1 gallon of Ice tea $2
    1 bucket of Mud - Free
    Left over Monogram decals -- a few pennies
    1 Unique Imports 1970s era German helmet $25

1 Grandfather took it of a dead German story?....Priceless
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A couple of years ago, a helmet I had restored and later sold to a dealer (as restored) appeared on eBay about a month later. I have no way of knowing if the dealer was selling it, but it was advertised with the following line... " I'm selling this helmet from the collection of my 84 year-old army veteran friend who saw action in Normandy."

?

And, as was probably expected, the original poster vanishes into the ether!

Regards
    Brett

Indeed Brett....

I have added the pics to the original post as they were hosted off site. Just in case they disappear...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4