Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?

Article about: Hello everyone, this will probably be my last question about the authenticity of an item that I'll post for a while. Sorry for bothering you people, haha. I want to buy this helmet and it lo

Good you did not! Well that is why this forum exists, so you don't waste your time and money on junk
    No need to feel embarrassed but I can relate, have posted the odd trash helmet here too haha
    Also thanks David for calling my "analysis" spot on haha
    Luis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?
    P
    Many

Yes, good I did not, phew. Dodged that grab at my wallet, thanks to you people!

Here is my M42 by the way, I just want that extra confirmation that it's real now, haha.
    I know that the leather is in a rough shape, but I really like it and I'm really happy to have it in my collection!
    I think that the decal is scratched off wartime but I'm not 100% sure. I'm also not sure whether the decal used to be a heer one an SS, maybe you people know.

Thanks in advance!

Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?

I would recommend you to post this helmet in its own thread so we don't get the answers and thoughts mixed up, but to me it looks good, liner is shot, which is unfortunate, but as the decal was on the right side of the helmet it would have been an SS decal. I'd say the decal was scratched off post war as they usually are because people would find it and be like " Oh noes! Ugly SS things! Better scratch that ugly thing off before anyone notices!"
    Luis

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    I would recommend you to post this helmet in its own thread so we don't get the answers and thoughts mixed up, but to me it looks good, liner is shot, which is unfortunate, but as the decal was on the right side of the helmet it would have been an SS decal. I'd say the decal was scratched off post war as they usually are because people would find it and be like " Oh noes! Ugly SS things! Better scratch that ugly thing off before anyone notices!"
    Luis
    Wow, I had no idea that it used to be an SS! Now I love it even more, haha.
    It's really disappointing (even infuriating, I would say haha) to see that people scratch the decals off. It's one thing that people used to do it because they didn't want trouble, but to this day people scratch them off to sell them online of at fairs, even though they can just cover it with a piece of paper! It really is a shame when people do that.

I should indeed post it in it's own thread, I'll do that a bit later.
    Thank you for the info!

Quote by ShapedSteel View Post
    I do not know whether they are mirrored or not, they could be.
    The swas would be reversed - so no, they really have got the decal on the wrong side.
    Glad you did not buy this!
    nick

Good observation, Nick, makes it even more sad that they are legitimately selling this hunk of junk
    Luis

?

Hey,

Lucky you didn't buy it!!
    Here's my Quist as a reference for you for later. Liner is a 1944.
    It takes a while, but your knowledge will build up.
    Helps if you get a chance to handle real ones.
    Military events and trade shows are a good way.
    I'm still learning too.

Nice score on the SS helmet. Shame it was defaced, but it's still an SS helmet.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?   Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?  

Real M40 Qeust helmet? Kriegsmarine?  
    Last edited by Danger; 05-24-2019 at 12:19 AM. Reason: update

Glad that you decided to pass on this one. Take the time to study the forums many threads on helmets, you will be surprised on how much you will learn in a short period of time.

Good luck,

Mart

Quote by Danger View Post
    Hey,

Lucky you didn't buy it!!
    Here's my Quist as a reference for you for later. Liner is a 1944.
    It takes a while, but your knowledge will build up.
    Helps if you get a chance to handle real ones.
    Military events and trade shows are a good way.
    I'm still learning too.

Nice score on the SS helmet. Shame it was defaced, but it's still an SS helmet.

Cheers,

Danger
    The M42 posted isn't an SS , the exterior looks post war repainted (the photos have a lot of glare so it is hard to tell) and it most likely held a fake SS decal.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The M42 posted isn't an SS , the exterior looks post war repainted (the photos have a lot of glare so it is hard to tell) and it most likely held a fake SS decal.
    Hello Schwerpunkt,
    Thank you for your reply.

I posted the helmet in it's own thread and I tok better pictures.
    I really hope that it is real!

M42 Stahlhelm Heer? SS? Real or fake?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast