Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Real m40 Single Decal helmet?

Article about: Hi I just bought this today for 295.00 from a local antique store which also sells military antiques (I bought my ww2 iron cross and some other stuff from there) but anyway I was wondrin if

Default Re: Real m40 Single Decal helmet?

nah it has no cracking or bubbling however it does appear to have some wear on it its slightly hard to describe and good pics are really hard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real m40 Single Decal helmet?
    P
    Many

Quote by thekid View Post
    That's because we live in Canada, I'm not sure how it is in Ontario but Vancouver antiques are dead.

All the best,
    Stefan
    United States is just as bad (at least in eastern PA) the only thing I can ever find decent prices on are US wool shirts and pistol belts...

?

I would like to see some clearer in focus shots in good light of the decal, the bottom of the adler shield is all important on this one

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I would like to see some clearer in focus shots in good light of the decal, the bottom of the adler shield is all important on this one
    I agree, set the camera to macro mode (the little flower symbol) and get in nice and close, with no flash, and good light without shadows.
    Take your time, and you should get a nice clear closeup

Brad.

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    United States is just as bad (at least in eastern PA) the only thing I can ever find decent prices on are US wool shirts and pistol belts...
    I'd have to disagree, because when I travel to any us city and visit the local antique stores and malls there is Tons of stuff, Canada only has old furniture and folk art, the other I was surprised to see a Canadian Helmet without a liner and the seller was asking 120$!!!!!!!! Trust me you're lucky down there!

All the best,
    Stefan

Quote by davejb View Post
    here let me know if these are good

?

This one is somewhat confusing me, in some of the photos it looks reasonable, in others it appears to be round bottomed, i'm 50-50 on this one, which does'nt really help anyone

Those pics are...better. Try it tomorrow in daylight outside. That will keep you from needing the flash and will allow you to go straight on without compensating for a flash.

On a brief side note, There is one local antique store that has almost nothing but military items. There are some good prices, but a lot is over priced. I have seen west wall medals listed at $75 USD. It's a lot of hit and miss down here. I spoke with a militaria dealer who only has a booth at a local antique mall. He said 10-15 years ago he was buying 5-8 collections per year. Now he is lucky if he buys one per year.

Quote by Syrinx View Post
    i agree Steve............they are few and far between around here....and when you do find something nice its wayyyyyyyyyyy over priced!
    Like five or six times average price. A while back, I saw an uncased gold grade
    Mothers Cross for almost $300. The guy had no idea what it was
    awarded for !

I'd be happy with a complete 'no-decal' helmet for $299, so even if the decal
    on the above lid is proven bad ( I'm 50/50 on it too ) it was still
    a good buy IMO.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

im going to give one last try tonight let me know how this one is

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast