Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Real m40 Single Decal helmet?

Article about: Hi I just bought this today for 295.00 from a local antique store which also sells military antiques (I bought my ww2 iron cross and some other stuff from there) but anyway I was wondrin if

Default Re: Real m40 Single Decal helmet?

There is one really good antique store near where I use to live in Burlington, North Carolina, USA. I bought a Japanese navy helmet with a cover for $600, a desert camo gas mask canister with mask for $100, a uniform removed Luftwaffe Paratrooper smock eagle for $250, and I kid you not...an original 19th century French cavalry helmet for $50, it was marked as a "children's toy". But the 30+ antique stores where I live now, Wilmington, North Carolina, have nothing in them but fake German militaria and a few overpriced US items.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real m40 Single Decal helmet?
    P
    Many

?

For some reason theres still something bothering me about this decal and i think its the border edge , looking at the left of picture , the distance from the edge to the wing is very thin as opposed to the opposite side, also the bottom of the swastika is'nt central to the bottom of the decal, this could be a plain misprint or a fake decal , plus there still is'nt a clear defined point to the shields bottom, whether this is because of wear and tear i cant tell but it does'nt appear to have any residual wear edges at the bottom, I think other opinions would help

ahh i took a look at it and the paint on one side looks as you said closer to the eagle but also it isnt fully in a straight line as far as the swastika itlooks like it would have been centered had the side been normal also looking at the bottom there might be a very small point but im not sure

Dave this decal looks very similar to a decal in an M18 helmet currently on Shirlins site. He has it listed as a reissue decal, which makes sense on an M18. I still need to see a straight on no flash photo of this decal. There also looks to be a ridge above the top of the black area of the decal. Jury is still out on this one.

I got more pics of this today under natural light let me know if more are needed

Is it me or is the right wing much fatter than the left?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    hard for me to tell even looking at the actual item because the left wing (although not phoographed too well) is partially worn away also i noticed there are one or 2 hairline fracture in certain places on the decal

Well I think my vote goes to; Probably OK decal, a bargain in any case

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Your right, i noticed this earlier, it seems the whole left side of the decal is thinner compared to the right,there are a great deal of flaws on this decal and i'm still on the fence

ok once again I managed to get better photos of this the cracks i noticed are on part of the swastika and on the left wing of the eagle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast