Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Real m40 Single Decal helmet?

Article about: Hi I just bought this today for 295.00 from a local antique store which also sells military antiques (I bought my ww2 iron cross and some other stuff from there) but anyway I was wondrin if

Default Re: Real m40 Single Decal helmet?

I agree - looks very good. It seems to have an intact liner and chin strap too - both very valuable. It should be valued in the $600 plus range. Be very careful to preserve the liner and strap. Do NOT slip the strap over the visor area. Keep it loose and protected from wear and tear. NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real m40 Single Decal helmet?
    P
    Many

I think the confusion to the eye with the Left and Right wings differing in size is due to the actual shape of the shield, it has been trimmed to close to the left wing and cut a tad wider on the opposite side and on a slight angle, this sometime can occur trying to remove all of the white backing paper on a water slide transfer, and the bottom looks a little rounded, of course these are just my thoughts, and am by no means saying it isn't good ,as i said its just my opinion.

Regards Phill.

?

Its not only that Phill, if you look at the inner left wing (closest to the body of the bird) there is a larger gap than on the right, that would'nt be caused by applying the decal as there are no stretch marks across the decal that i can see, this may be a poorly made original decal or a fake, i'd like to hear from Jim or Doug or Frank on this one, just to be sure

I'm not convinced on this decal. A clear shot of the eagles head would help. The right wing does look fatter than the left wing. There is difference in space between the wings and the body. This could be a poor quality original from mid to late war, or a high quality repro that's been printed slightly off center. This is a helmet I would like to see in hand under natural light and with a magnifier.

?

Agreed, theres something not quite right and its bugging the hell out of me

A little late, but yes..yes I like it

sorry for all the photo trouble i have a really cheap camera so here i got some pics under a magnifying glass ( a giant one) and i think i got them relativly in focus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4