Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Is this a real M45 stalhelm?

Article about: Hello, so my family has had this German helmet since the end of World War II. The man who wore this helmet was one of my great uncles brothers and because it had no ventilators I assumed it

Could that also be a sign of being late war? I do believe that in 1944 and 1945 the craftsmenship of the German helmets were relatively sloppy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real M45 stalhelm?
    P
    Many

When I was still collecting I used to scour german ebay for occasions (around twelve years ago). Then in the police section there appeared often early postwar helmet, for police use, unmarked if I remember, often ventless and sometimes with m42 style unrolled rim, sometimes with rolleld rims.

Some had no liner holes but they featured chinstrap posts soldered to the shell, some didn't. They were given as very early postwar police helmets made with wartime machinery and possible old stocks of shell.

I think they were all racked up by smart collectors documenting a confused period of post war shortage.

This might be one of these early helmets, sutff so old that it might have been rotting in a cellar for so much, with some boyish attempt at "restoration" by angle grinding, friendly arc welding in a car garage and SS black painting of the surviving thing.

Were there perhaps any early postwar helmets that were marked with lot numbers in the 5000s? I have asked other people and they said that CKL5661 was right for a ventless. I have also looked up photos of German helmet lot numbers and most of the helmets were M-42s and late war. The helmet I have was the highest I could find that was still Wartime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3