Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Not?

Article about: by ez1969 Jehrid welcome to the forum by the way their is lots of good post on helmets in the search menu that will help you learn lots of great info Eric. Thanks bud =)

Jehrid
    ?

Default Real or Not?

Hey guys, I just stumbled upon this forum which doing some research on a helmet my parents bought at auction for me over 10 years ago. The only thing I was ever told about it was that it was produced and never was issued? Or if it was the solider was in possession of it for only a VERY limited amount of time.

Only things on it that might not be completely obvious (exterior decals) the rear inside has 2818 stamped the 1 is thicker than the 28 8. and on the Left side interior stamped into the metal is ET66. I'm not sure how accurate the stuff I've stumbled upon thus far has been so I figured I'd consult the knowledgeable individuals from this forum. Any help would be appreciated.

And Here are the Pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Not?   Real or Not?  

Real or Not?   Real or Not?  

Real or Not?   Real or Not?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Real or Not?

Everything on the Helmet looks like it was just painted, I would say stay away from it, but that is just my opinion of it.

The shell is good but everything else is bad(liner,paint and decals)

Sorry no good. Chris is dead on

Jehrid
    ?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    The shell is good but everything else is bad(liner,paint and decals)

How so? The paint on it does look added after the fact (Around the Reich Seal, and there's a bit of paint on the strap). Just curious if you could go a little more into detail about why those things look wrong.

?

From what i can see, the helmet is real but repainted, the decals look to be reproductions, the liner has 10 fingers, something ive not seen before and no stitching to the rear of the liner therefore either foreign design or a put together piece plus the cut of the liner is very rough at the edges, the chin strap is also in question , i would wait for other opinions but thats what i see from these pictures

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    From what i can see, the helmet is real but repainted, the decals look to be reproductions, the liner has 10 fingers, something ive not seen before and no stitching to the rear of the liner therefore either foreign design or a put together piece plus the cut of the liner is very rough at the edges, the chin strap is also in question , i would wait for other opinions but thats what i see from these pictures
    Agreed!! It just looks cheaply done.

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think the liner is east German but not sure.

Jehrid welcome to the forum by the way their is lots of good post on helmets in the search menu that will help you learn lots of great info Eric.

?

hi , as stated a refurbished and repainted original shell. is it my eyes or do i see rubber buffer pads between the liner and liner band. cheers paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast