Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A real piece of history

Article about: I got this from a buddy today. To me this is the coolest german helmet ive every seen haha

?

Default A real piece of history

I got this from a buddy today. To me this is the coolest german helmet ive every seen haha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A real piece of history   A real piece of history  

A real piece of history   A real piece of history  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A real piece of history
    P
    Many

nice BD helmet , would have been way cooler if no-one had been digging for the decals.

I hope the owner was not wearing this at the time, looks a s though the "projectile" strike had such force that the helmet flew forward causing the dent to the front. Leon.

Active imagination you got there akmo, looks more like shrapnel damage to me...

?

Some of the damage came from the side. So i agree with Glenn on this one "Shrapnel damage"

Whatever made that hole impacted almost side on, you can see the 'bulge' where it struck the inner-left side of the helmet to the rear. A very nice helmet!

Someone must of had serious headache
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My not so forensic analysis thinks he could have caught a burst of machine gun fire from his right side. One bullet glanced off of the front, and the second one went inside the rear of the helmet. It could be shrapnel damage, but that front side doesn't have the jagged damage I'd expect. Cool helmet though, I'd buy it!