Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?

Article about: Hello all, I am brand new here, because I am thinking of buying this helmet. I must say that I don't have yet much idea what is real and what is not, especially because it seems there is so

esotice
    ?

Default Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?

Hello all, I am brand new here, because I am thinking of buying this helmet.

I must say that I don't have yet much idea what is real and what is not, especially because it seems there is so much discussion about even helmets that look authentic to me.

Would you guys take a look, and let me know if you think the shell, lining, strap and painting is authentic? And how much is a reasonable price to pay? I don't want to foolishly spend too much.

Thanks,

Dick
    Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?

Hello and welcome to the forum!! In my opinion this helmet is a semi relic M35 with a replacement liner.The liner looks much to puffy around the area of the steel band(which is also bent and distorted).As for the red cross i doubt it is original,just added to "sex" it up a bit.

Yes it looks like a genuine M35, looks like the liner has been messed with. Can't say if it's a genuine medics helmet though!..

?

If the medics logo is fake then they did a pretty good Job aging it,IMO .
    Dean.

esotice
    ?

This one also caught my eye, since it looks like a different paint/primer job. What are you guys thoughts on this one? I appreciate your guys' opinions on both helmets, and sorry for the small pics.Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross?
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a real WWII helmet, with red cross? 

At some point the liners been replaced with what appears to be a red dyed norwegion one(post war).As for that primer inside it looks truly awful!!The tropical paint on the outside is i also fell a post war attempt to deceive. I would leave this helmet well alone. Oh by the way it is another M35 i think from the pictures with a replaced chinstrap for good measure.

Again a genuine helmet shell, why it's been painted the tan colour inside is anybodies guess. Looks like a possible Norwegian liner.

Good idea posting these before you buy! So many people buy the helmet first and then ask if it is original afterwards, usually with disappointing results.

The first helmet looks like it has good original exterior paint. I agree with Dean on the Medic's cross. The liner is for sure a replacement, and I'm not sure about the paint on the skirt.

The second helmet is very messed with. I don't have any experience with nets, so I'm not commenting on that. Except that it makes no sense that a Sand Camo/DAK painted helmet would have a net?!!?!

Corey

I would like to see some close up of the medic helmet.
    The second helmet fake no question.
    chris

?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    ...Except that it makes no sense that a Sand Camo/DAK painted helmet would have a net?!!?!
    Corey
    Au contriare Corey! I own a killer DAK M35 with British net that's been on it since wartime. Brought home by a Merchant Marine when he traded items, can't remember what, with a German soldier in a North African POW camp for it. Was purchased from his son. I'll post a photo tomorrow. The British net is very fragile but original to the helmet. The Brits also had netted helmets as did the Americans in North Africa.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast