Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The "Red Helmet" post from this morning.

Article about: Can you play the drums as well Ned ?????? ..

Default The "Red Helmet" post from this morning.

The post was clearly meant to be humorous, something that's hardly needed around here I take it.

I didn't know I was "breaking the rules", had one person told me so, I would have posted a pic, instead of being told that this thread was being closed with no chance to actually post the pic.

What is allowed are condescending posts by senior member telling one to "please buy a helmet already so you can quit posting nonsense".

I was going to post sometime today, about becoming addicted to this site, which I'm sure is highly unusual... and what it means to me to be here (who cares...) and...

So, thx for the reminder that my contribution isn't needed, in the form of humor or anything else really.

I think it's a good lesson, and helps you to realize why you will only have so many friends in the course of your lifetime. Because only so many people deserve to make it to the list. And I finding that the lack of humour and unfriendliness here very much out in the open, as I am still new here and trying to form bonds with others.

And it's sad really...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The "Red Helmet" post from this morning.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The "Red Helmet" post from this morning.

"Hopefully someone will come along and add pics,"

I think you may have ruffled a few feathers right there mate.

Best Regards,

Andy

wish I knew what this red helmet was, damn my curiousity

The link is still good in the original post I'm sure, and as it just hit eBay this morning, it would be up for a week, which is realistically enough time for anyone even remotely interested to have seen it.

And as far as ruffling feathers by saying "someone would come along and add a pics", what can I say except I am sorry and (repeating myself) had I known it was a no no I would have taken trouble to do it.

I think you displayed some bad form in another post recently and perhaps that is why you were not given as much slack as some others have been given previously. Also there have been threads about the posting of pointless threads on Ebay garbage and it might have been thought that the red helmet thread was of the same ilk and posted in spite of the mention of not posting such threads.

Good luck to you and hopefully things will turn out for the best for you on this forum.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Don't take it personally. I am a new member here as well and have had a very different experience. The knowledge I have been given from more experienced collectors is invaluable and if you stick around you will receive some as well People may come across "condescending" but it is often to your and everyone else's benefit to listen to what they have to say. The comments made were simply to benefit both you and the other members who may come along later on and read your original thread. If you look at other threads you'll find many where simply the link is posted and anyone who clicks to read and learn can not do so. Don't let one post discourage you, as everyone has something to offer!

This is my first comment on this debate, but I just cant stand by anymore. Saying it was a joke isn't going to benefit your behalf, actually. Those type of threads are find in my book now and then, but lately their has been an overwhelming amount created, turning this great forum into what I've noticed, somewhat of a "joke". As for asking others to post the photos for you, come on, really? It takes five seconds. Also, using the "well now I'm not going to join and give you a whole twenty dollars" is quite childish. Their is no reason to say whether your joining or not, just do it if you feel this site has helped you as much as I and others do. There are so many relic forums out there, many where they just joke around all day. If that's what your looking for, by all means, go there. I am sure someone will kindly direct you, good luck and happy collecting or joking.

I think it's Like Jerry said, we've all been asked to stop posting junk from ebay.

We all need to calm down a little here!

So, in that vein, Ladies and Gentlemen........Mr. Conway Twitty.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Also, using the "well now I'm not going to join and give you a whole twenty dollars" is quite childish. Their is no reason to say whether your joining or not, just do it if you feel this site has helped you as much as I and others do.
    Where did this take place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast