Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted

Article about: Visited a collector friend today. He showed me this Reichsluftschutzbund Helmet he has been given. I've looked through this forum and others, but have not found another like it. Looking at i

?

Default Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted

Visited a collector friend today. He showed me this Reichsluftschutzbund Helmet he has been given. I've looked through this forum and others, but have not found another like it. Looking at it it seems to be a M18 helmet with WW1 lining plus five formed leather straps for fixing a rubber neck protection piece. Another striking feature (I see for the first time) is the horn-type airholes have been replaced with steel air grill inserts.The chin strap is missing, there are no MM or number stamping on helmet. I have further pictures if needed. Does any member have further information over these helmets ?
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted   Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted  

Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted   Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted

Jim and Eric have the same helmet.
    This helmet were private purchate from Austria
    Check the forum Eric got his not very long ago.
    chris

?

Chris, Thanks for the tip, I found Eric's Helmet thread 7/16/11 - Yes the helmet is the same - M18 with grill vents - but please take a look again at the Decal its completely different on Eric's to the one above. Eric's has the standard swastika with two long wings, also as far a I can see on Eric's lining there are no leather straps (five in all) between the helmet and lining band for fixing the rubber neck protection piece. I dont know Jim's forum name, not been able to track his thread down.
    Regards

Gents, if I remember correctly, these helmets are indeed of Austrian construction Model 1916 screened air vents, In the 1920's I think used by the Austrian Rural Gendarmerie...and then reissued to the Luftshutze, during WW2.
    Prost ! Steve.

Here are pics of mine again if it helps. Not a fan of the paint and decal on yours.
    Eric

Attachment 233732Attachment 233733Attachment 233734Attachment 233735Attachment 233736Attachment 233737Attachment 233738
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The liner is fine and I think the paint is as well. I would like to see a picture of the decal without the glare, but from what I can see it looks like a good RLB decal. If I can find mine in the storage bin this weekend I will post it here for comparison. I think this one is good, and it is in really good shape. Jim G.

ps: I really like the L/S as well!!!!

Allow me to help Jim this is his and yours.
    Eric
    Reichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One PostedReichsluftschutzbund - M18 Stahlhelm - First One Posted

Thank you Eric,this looks correct.
    I miss one a couple of weeks ago I was so piss.
    So back to the hunt.
    chris

Unless it is a varient it's not the same IMO look at the loops at the top of the R&B and bottom left corner of the B, and the swaz not the same if you ask me.
    hope I am wrong though.

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Unless it is a varient it's not the same IMO look at the loops at the top of the R&B and bottom left corner of the B, and the swaz not the same if you ask me.
    hope I am wrong though.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast