Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reissued Helmets

Article about: Here you can see a fragment of the removed Heer decal on my m40 re-issue...(ET66 #213) They did an outstanding job removing the decal at tthe factory, and you can only see this at an angle i

Default Re: Reissued Helmets

Quote by geelong View Post
    but i was reading why helmet parts where marked is so when parts like chin strap broke they would right down the maker or the code and keep a file on each maker to know whos products was more better in the field, dont no if this is true or not. and that paint was sent out to the field, and that decals were sold in shops in germany, ie chemist but dont no if they were only for civil helmets or not .
    That's why Ford stamped a 'F' on everything on their jeeps ( even the bolts ) so when claims were made on the Ford factory for broken parts & spares, they could prove they were Willys parts not theirs. Henry Ford - crafty old Fox!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reissued Helmets
    P
    Many

This is a great thread. I have an M42 with what I am sure is a field replaced liner (1 pin is slightly bent, and the liner is a size too small for the shell) but its been in the helmet for a long time. This thread explains alot

?

Its my understanding once a helmet is factory issued that's it, so the term reissued is an invention other than that they were repaired.

Eric

Nobody has yet to mention the Quartermaster corps. Every army had them. Depots set up in the field--parts, supplies, paints, tailors, armorers, uniforms ie: everything needed to service an army at war. Ordnance battalions brought the guns and ammo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3