Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relic helmets from Kurland

Article about: I recently bought a great relic helmet from PaulE. not only could he tell me exactly where it was recovered but he sent a arial view of the exact spot. his price war very reasonable compared

Default Re: Relic helmets from Kurland

I recently bought a great relic helmet from PaulE. not only could he tell me exactly where it was recovered but he sent a arial view of the exact spot. his price war very reasonable compared to ebay and he is a trustworthy chap. You could perhaps pm him and if he has none for sale now im sure he may know where one can be had.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic helmets from Kurland
    P
    Many

Are you in the UK?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    I recently bought a great relic helmet from PaulE. not only could he tell me exactly where it was recovered but he sent a areal view of the exact spot. his price war very reasonable compared to ebay and he is a trustworthy chap. You could perhaps pm him and if he has none for sale now im sure he may know where one can be had.
    thanks for the valuable info robin !! i will for sure shoot him a pm

- - Updated - -

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Are you in the UK?
    no i am in the us that is y shipping from Latvia land !! or other european countrys cost me a good 30 dollars just in shipping !!

If I had to choose I'd have gone for #5. Value is hard to say with regards to relics, with the endless variation in wear and deterioration it's kind of hard pinpointing a value as such imo. $90 sounds OK for #5, but it's definitely up there --- in the end it depends on how much you want it, there's no shortage in relic helmets... I lost out on a couple of great ones from a legit Kurland digger on ebay a few days ago myself... a pretty solid m35 double decal with winter camo remains sold for just over $40, a steal imo!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    If I had to choose I'd have gone for #5. Value is hard to say with regards to relics, with the endless variation in wear and deterioration it's kind of hard pinpointing a value as such imo. $90 sounds OK for #5, but it's definitely up there --- in the end it depends on how much you want it, there's no shortage in relic helmets... I lost out on a couple of great ones from a legit Kurland digger on ebay a few days ago myself... a pretty solid m35 double decal with winter camo remains sold for just over $40, a steal imo!
    one killler is shipping to the us i might get the helmet for 45 but the shipping to me is then 30 to 40 dollars !!

does anybody hear have one they would be willing to sell to a budding relic helmet collector ??

Helmet 5 is nice with what definatly looks like a entrance and exit from a bullet, price is ok too, alot of times the holes are from a pick ax/tool or purposely piled and shot up by russians after the germans surrendered so they could not be reused, also dont get something too rusty or torn up because by the time you get it from overseas it may be a pile of crumbled rust!!!!
    here is the one I have from kurland in my display, it looks shot up and also pick axed, causing the diamond looking holes. also if you look close you can barely make out a faded SS decal.
    Relic helmets from KurlandRelic helmets from KurlandRelic helmets from KurlandRelic helmets from Kurland

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Helmet 5 is nice with what definatly looks like a entrance and exit from a bullet, price is ok too, alot of times the holes are from a pick ax/tool or purposely piled and shot up by russians after the germans surrendered so they could not be reused, also dont get something too rusty or torn up because by the time you get it from overseas it may be a pile of crumbled rust!!!!
    here is the one I have from kurland in my display, it looks shot up and also pick axed, causing the diamond looking holes. also if you look close you can barely make out a faded SS decal.
    Relic helmets from KurlandRelic helmets from KurlandRelic helmets from KurlandRelic helmets from Kurland
    i am considering helmet number 5 i love your helmet and display !! this is what i am going to try to make on my extra shelf where did you get the bulk of your relics from ??

Most of the relics in that display came from ebay. Just be careful what you purchase on there, obviously nobody will fake a dented up canteen or rusted bayo, but anything SS or really rare looking will almost always be fake. My display took about 3 months of planning and purchasing to finish so being patient is also the key to ending up with something really nice and to be proud of :-)

Is there any problem with rust??is the helmet fragile ?(so that there is the possibility that it will become dust until it arrives)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2