Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic M42 Is it possible to ID the mfg?

Article about: I came across the relic M42, but cannot completely make out the maker's mark. I can definitely make out "66" and the letter before it looks like a "Q". I do not think it

?

Default Relic M42 Is it possible to ID the mfg?

I came across the relic M42, but cannot completely make out the maker's mark. I can definitely make out "66" and the letter before it looks like a "Q". I do not think it is a Q from looking at other photos. Are there tips to determining the maker based on the shape and vent holes?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M42  Is it possible to ID the mfg?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M42  Is it possible to ID the mfg?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Relic M42 Is it possible to ID the mfg?

If there's only one letter, it's most likely a Quist.

Info: German-Helmets.com

Nitram

The air vent looks like it pertrudes out a good bit from the shell, which Quist helmets feature a very pronounced vent hole. Any better pics available? Quist M42's a very rare as they never completely switched over to M42 production. A pic of the mark would be great.

Yes pics of the makers mark would be helpful. It does have vent holes like a Quist but NS vents are pretty similar. What is the lot number under the x66 mark? It should begin DN.

As has been said if it is a Quist M42 it's a pretty rare beast, I look forward to the new pics

?

Thanks for your comments. I took a closeup of what is left of the makers mark. Now it looks like an "VL" right before the "66". The liner band is dated "1944". What do you think? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M42  Is it possible to ID the mfg?   Relic M42  Is it possible to ID the mfg?  

I'd say that is a ckl66 (ET), with the close up of the vents I'm pretty certain of that. Is there a liner in it? It doesn't look to have a liner installed from the first picture.

?

Yes....it does have a liner, although it is disassembled. Here is a pic of the liner stamp it looks like "R B No 1944".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M42  Is it possible to ID the mfg?  

It could very well be a QVL helmet but I can not tell..

I don't think it's a Quist though..