Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Roa M 40 helmet?

Article about: I just found this interesting paint underneath of black, what the peoples think about that?

?

Default Roa M 40 helmet?

I just found this interesting paint underneath of black, what the peoples think about that?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Roa M 40 helmet?   Roa M 40 helmet?  

Roa M 40 helmet?   Roa M 40 helmet?  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Roa M 40 helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Roa M 40 helmet?

Nice German helmet used by resistance/partisans, maybe Danish but could also be other as the RAF like colors were very pobular
    Cheers
    Lars

Hi Dimas, I have never seen anything like it before.

Where did the helmet originate from? Did it come from the Czech Republic like many black overpainted helmets? Just thinking that the Vllasovite forces ended up in Prague.

Cheers, Ade.

?

The helmet is bought from Kassel this WBK from the dealer Rene Vogt, he says the helmet is from Czech Republic.
    Interesting that the helmet was overpainted with soft black paint and probably that was done early postwar with one of the local fire commando's.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas, well the Prague/Czech connection is there.

I know Rene and have bought from him in the past at Beltring, but only ordnance related items.

Cheers, Ade.

pjm
    ?

I have had a number of black painted German helmets that were used by Polish fire departments in the early post-war years.

I still have an M40 that I'll post photos of. It has a Polish Fire Department eagle, a metal comb and corrogated metal "chin strap" to designate an officer. Also have an old German leather fire helmet with a painted red shield with a civil Polish eagle painted on the front.

I have seen others red and white stripes around the helmet like this Czech example.

?

To bad i was to slow to purchase this very interesting helmet when it was for sale. Have you found other helmets like this one Dimas?

Cool helmet Dimas. The soft black paint, was it very waxy and thick when you removed it? I have had a similarly overpainted helmet with very small liner pins with washers installed.

This is a very cool and unique lid!