Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !

Article about: Hi guys. 14 days ago me and my collector buddy was on a roadtrip ! My buddy got this contact with a guy we didn`t knew ! My buddy should buy some american stuff from him ! When they had made

Default Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !

Hi guys. 14 days ago me and my collector buddy was on a roadtrip ! My buddy got this contact with a guy we didn`t knew ! My buddy should buy some american stuff from him ! When they had made the deal, we asked if he got any german items ! He said that he had some german helmets ! And he found a box where the helmets was in ! And I took a look at them and bought them ! ( m42 and a m35 )
    My question is: I know what the m42 is ! But the m35, I would like to know what is was born as when it left the factory ? As there are 2 decals on top of each other ! Is it possible to tell from the manufacturer-lot number what it was first ? Please help if you got that lot number book from Brian Ice ! I don`t have it myself yet ! But sure will buy one some day !
    Let`s see if someone make a hit spot on , on these 2 helmets what they are ?
    The m42 is an : ckl 66 lot nr. 3173
    the m35 is an : ET 64 lot nr. 3670
    I will take some foto`s of the helmets on sunday when I get back ! And post them in 2 new post`s ! So till then ! Let`s see who got the right answer !?
    Have a nice weekend ! Thanks.
    SF
    Ps. I really hope you can help here ! And who "win" this little "competition" hitting spot on what helmet`s I got !?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !
    P
    Many

Stereo?.....

Some photo's would really be helpful!!! Thanks a lot!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I can only see it 1 time here !? Hmmmm ! And big ned . Don`t have any photo`s by now ! On Sunday ! If I post foto`s , then it`s not a competition hitting what helmet`s I got ? ;-) You must wait till sunday !! ;-) SF

The suspense is killing me!!! Thanks for coming, it's been very loud!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Impossible to tell from the lot number I'm afraid. Pics are the only way.

Ned did you get into the catnip?

Hi again. Here some pics. of the m35. Taken with flash ! hope they will do, to tell what I got here ! And hope you guys can tell what this helmet was born as ? The helmet got 2 layers of the same smooth early green ! Looks like it first was painted and decaled as (what i think) a KM dd helmet ! ( but could be wrong ?) And then painted again and decaled as a Heer ! They didn`t just put a new decal on top of the first decal ! But painted it and put a new decal on the helmet ! Normally I think they would just put a new decal on top of the first ! But here they painted it before they did that ! The liner band is an early singlebanded type ! And had got 2 owners ! Name in the back ! And a label sewn on the leather with the soldiers name ! As you can see on the pics ! Take a look and let me know what you think about this helmet ! Thanks ! SF
    The m42 I will show in a new thread. ( Roadtrip finds Helmet 2. m42 )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !   Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !  

Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !   Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !  

Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !   Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !  

Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !  

Looks gold to me peeking out behind that left wing feather ...... a close-up would help rule out toning.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here 2 more pics !! the best I can do ! If I go any closer, I will make a hole in the helmet !! Hope they can help ! Thanks ! SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !   Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !  

Very neat helmet! KM reissued to Heer from the pics, but the toned vs KM is always a can of worms here. Either way I like it a lot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast