Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !

Article about: Hi guys. 14 days ago me and my collector buddy was on a roadtrip ! My buddy got this contact with a guy we didn`t knew ! My buddy should buy some american stuff from him ! When they had made

It's 'Betty' incognito.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !
    P
    Many

Hi , that's a very nice re-issue HEER helmet , it could be a KM decal(can you see a black border to the edge of the adlers wing)? I personally think it is more likely a toned HEER. I have a toned HEER that is a very deep gold(pictured) which looks very similar(the decal that is,not the paintwork)! Leon.Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !

Hi Leon. Maybe your right. I can`t tell if there is a black border on the eagle. As you can see there is not that much showing to tell. But why put a heer decal on top of a existing heer decal ? But I don`t know. I must say I have seen a lot of toned heer decals. But never one looking that gold as yours ! Are you sure that is not a KM decal ? Looks like there is a border on that eagle ! But sure you know what you got there !! Nice helmet ! Who`s the maker ? and lot number ? SF

Quote by silverfox View Post
    Hi Leon. Maybe your right. I can`t tell if there is a black border on the eagle. As you can see there is not that much showing to tell. But why put a heer decal on top of a existing heer decal ? But I don`t know. I must say I have seen a lot of toned heer decals. But never one looking that gold as yours ! Are you sure that is not a KM decal ? Looks like there is a border on that eagle ! But sure you know what you got there !! Nice helmet ! Who`s the maker ? and lot number ? SF
    Hi , my one is an ET 62 , 3969 which is a double decal HEER in the lot numbers book , in hand you cannot see a black border at all on this one , but I used to own another single decal HEER(PICTURED) that I think was an ET also(certainly the decal was)Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed !Roadtrip finds ! 2 new helmets ! Help needed ! , that had a slight black border but no 3d effect at all on the swastika,under close examination this too proved to be a re-issue HEER helmet and it's lot number also matched known HEER helmets(although I cannot remember what it was now! The lacquer really can turn a deep gold on occasions. I hope that helps you, Leon.

Hi Leon. That is also a nice helmet ! Did you sell that one ? I wouldn`t have sold it if it was mine ! Very nice ! Did ET made KM helmets ? Who else ? I think to remember I have read somewhere , not all helmet makers got a contract to make KM helmets !? Sure you know !.. And about the Lot numbers ! Some say we can not use the Lot numbers to tell what a helmet is/was ! If you don`t see it , as kradspam says earlier in this post ! Is not all Lot numbers known and registred ? Is my helmet Lot number in any database ? Do you got a database with known Lot numbers,and can you tell ? I know it is a lot of questions , but got interrested to find out what my helmet was born as ! If you can help, I would be happy ! Thanks !!!! SF

Hi Leon. That is also a nice helmet ! Did you sell that one ? I wouldn`t have sold it if it was mine ! Very nice ! Did ET made KM helmets ? Who else ? I think to remember I have read somewhere , not all helmet makers got a contract to make KM helmets !? Sure you know !.. And about the Lot numbers ! Some say we can not use the Lot numbers to tell what a helmet is/was ! If you don`t see it , as kradspam says earlier in this post ! Is not all Lot numbers known and registred ? Is my helmet Lot number in any database ? Do you got a database with known Lot numbers,and can you tell ? I know it is a lot of questions , but got interrested to find out what my helmet was born as ! If you can help, I would be happy ! Thanks !!!! SF
    Hi SF , the lot numbers are only a guide to what a helmet is or could have been. They are compiled by listing helmets that are already known by their branch of service. That said if a lot number falls in the middle of a batch of numbers that are all HEER helmets it is unlikely that if it had an SS decal on, it would be correct unless it is a field applied example if you see what I mean. As for your helmet ET64 3670 , it is listed as either a double decal HEER or double decal LUFTWAFFE. To be fair though , that area of lot numbers is pretty mixed all around yours so it could possibly be a KM but I would still edge to the side of a HEER helmet as others definitely exist with that number and there are no known KM with that number(as of yet)!! Leon.

Hi Leon. Thanks a lot !! That was exactly that answer I was looking for ! You Hit it spot on !! I see what you meen ! Then I also would say it must has been born as a
    DD Heer helmet ! Maybe I hope`d a little it was a KM ! And that It was in a database as such ! Maybe one day another will come to light ! But till then It is a DD Heer.
    But still happy about the helmet ! Just made it complete by adding a nice 1938 marked chinstrap with alu. buckle I had extra ! So now it`s hanging on the wall !! :-)
    Have just ordered that lot number book from Brian. So I don`t have to ask here all the time ! ;-)
    Once again thanks Leon, for helping here !! Have a nice day. SF

Hi Leon. Thanks a lot !! That was exactly that answer I was looking for ! You Hit it spot on !! I see what you meen ! Then I also would say it must has been born as a
    double decal Heer helmet ! Maybe I hope`d a little it was a KM ! And that It was in a database as such ! Maybe one day another will come to light ! But till then It is a double decal Heer.
    But still happy about the helmet ! Just made it complete by adding a nice 1938 marked chinstrap with alu. buckle I had extra ! So now it`s hanging on the wall !! :-)
    Have just ordered that lot number book from Brian. So I don`t have to ask here all the time ! ;-)
    Once again thanks Leon, for helping here !! Have a nice day. SF
    Hi , that's no problem at all , Brians book is a top read(if you like lists)and well worth having as a reference. I hope your not hanging your helmet by the newly added chinstrap! LOL, have a good one, Leon.

Hi Leon. No !! Not in the chinstrap !! All my helmets are put on metal holders that is mounted on the wall !! The helmet is hanging on the holder in the inner dome of the helmet. If you know what I meen ? SF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2