Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

a rust case but with a rather unique twist :)

Article about: hello thought i would post this got it from my mom on my birthday this year xD (what i think atleast) pretty unique rust case the welding is done pretty nicely i gotta say it allmost looks l

Default a rust case but with a rather unique twist :)

a rust case but with a rather unique twist :)a rust case but with a rather unique twist :)

hello thought i would post this got it from my mom on my birthday this year xD (what i think atleast) pretty unique rust case the welding is done pretty nicely i gotta say it allmost looks like 2 helmets made into 1. anyways i thoughti would post it here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a rust case but with a rather unique twist :)
    P
    Many

Default .

Nicely thought from your mother, though it isn't really a collector's helmet.

haha i know just liked the look of it i always liked ground dug helmets i like that they tell more of a story than the mint condition unissued ones, it can tell a story of the tragic death of the soldier etc etc, personally i only want grungy looking helmets with that heavy "been there feeling" bought a black wounded badge just because it had a field made fix to the hinge and it was all bent like it had been through some real shit sure a nice mint helmet is nice too but all too their own i guess cheers

and with this one i just fell in love with the welding job

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    haha i know just liked the look of it i always liked ground dug helmets i like that they tell more of a story than the mint condition unissued ones, it can tell a story of the tragic death of the soldier etc etc, personally i only want grungy looking helmets with that heavy "been there feeling" bought a black wounded badge just because it had a field made fix to the hinge and it was all bent like it had been through some real shit sure a nice mint helmet is nice too but all too their own i guess cheers
    Each to their own my friend, it is always good when you know exactly what you want to collect. I personally have always gone for awards that show signs of use and age rather than the "minty" ones. Leon.

Yeah I dislike minty helmets too, but what I meant was that because it has been repaired post war (welding), it's not a very collectable one

I have to say that your mother was indeed very thoughtful - you should rejoice on that matter!

Cheers
    Tim

Knowing how hard it can be to weld rusty material together, it may have been a project for a technical college student.
    "Here, weld these two bits of helmet together - marks out of 10" ....... well, maybe??????

Interesting,
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Smile

That's the great thing about collecting - if YOU like it, then it's just fine ! Doesn't always have to be something perfect......

yes i think so too i decided early that i would only collect things that had clear signs of use its much more fun too read an objects history just by looking at it for example if it has been reissued field fixed etc etc you can see the whole lifecycle of the object just by looking at it and that is fascinating