Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sand Camo M40

Article about: Let me begin by saying, I KNOW the pictures are not the best. They were not taken by me. I had to enlarge the pics the seller sent me because they were minute. In any event, I think this mig

Default Re: Sand Camo M40

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Just looked. Wow. WTF! Words can't describe the feeling I have right now.
    I know how much Ken B got it for and it's sickening.
    Additionally, I couldnt help it, I sent Ken B an email thanking him for stealing it out from under me. See what his reply is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand Camo M40
    P
    Many

That is why I stop dealing with dealers.
    I am so sick of them.
    A few good ones that is all.
    The bad ones the list is so long ,you would be surprice who is on the list.
    They do not care about history or the vets ALL ABOUT THE MONEY WITH THEM.
    A 400$ to 600$ Luftschutz gladiator helmet you are on the list of bad ones.
    chris

He responded to my email. Not a pleasant exchange I suspect because I know how much he got it for and now he knows that I know. Im letting the previous owner know also.

That is a gorgeous helmet, I would probably go for it if I wasn't saving up for an SS and the seller of it had an honorable reputation.

?

I agree with your proposed actions helmetone , too many dealers too many times are taking advantage of sellers and reaping huge profits with extortionate over pricing , everyone likes to make a profit but lets see a fair mark up and one thats not born out of fleecing people and pure greed,eventually these type of dealers will crush this hobby of ours.I hope the seller takes umberage and demands that an adequate recompense be forwarded but i somehow doubt it will happen

Quote by davejb View Post
    I agree with your proposed actions helmetone , too many dealers too many times are taking advantage of sellers and reaping huge profits with extortionate over pricing , everyone likes to make a profit but lets see a fair mark up and one thats not born out of fleecing people and pure greed,eventually these type of dealers will crush this hobby of ours.I hope the seller takes umberage and demands that an adequate recompense be forwarded but i somehow doubt it will happen
    Thanks, Dave. I have sent an email to the previous owner. See if he has any response at all. My offer was less than what Ken got it for, but by only $150 less. I buy local helmets to keep them, and the provenance with this one was great. I don't buy from locals just to laugh myself all the way to the bank.

?

I share the same views as you,its getting harder to convince anyone that when i say that i buy for its history and not for profit that they take that into consideration, i cannot honestly remember when i last sold any of the items i possessed needless to say it was over 30 yrs ago,much to the dismay of my trouble and strife (WIFE),commonly referred to as my own war departtment

?

Sounds like the seller was like one of those knobs on Pawn Stars who want $20,000 for something but Rick talks them down to $500 and then sells it for 5 times that amount. Dumb seller, shark buyer, all bad for collector.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Sounds like the seller was like one of those knobs on Pawn Stars who want $20,000 for something but Rick talks them down to $500 and then sells it for 5 times that amount. Dumb seller, shark buyer, all bad for collector.
    You got this one nailed Doug. Ken got it for $500, as that is the offer that was told to me by the owner when he informed me that he was driving towards New Jersey to sell it. As soon as he said New Jersey I knew it was Ken B. I was immediately reminded of pawn stars. It was no different than their MO. I wanted to appreciate it. Ken wanted to hit a big pay day.

Ah, I missed all this. Did you guys notice it had grown a drawstring too, with no mention in the description I might add.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast