MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed

Article about: by Larry C My wife plays the slot machines in Atlantic city and drops easily \\$200 and comes home with nothing,, I spend \\$250-300 on an artifact that will increase in value ( investment I tel

Default Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed

Hi all, Ive been shopping around for an affordable yet unique M42. I came across this one described as a M42 Heer
    two color sand camo, these are the only pics I have, do you think it is DAK africa camo or a beach type normandy camo? Ive learned to be very cautious with anything camo because of all the fakes, so please chime in and let me know, not sure if any of the DAK camo was done with sand or painted only. as always thanks for the help.
    Sand Camo M42 Opinion neededSand Camo M42 Opinion neededSand Camo M42 Opinion neededSand Camo M42 Opinion neededSand Camo M42 Opinion needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed

Very Nice! Now its certainly not a DAK lid, but could be anywhere from Sicily to Normandie and anywhere in between. I like the colour, wear and patina and I like the liner. I am sure some members more fluent in camo will be in to comment shortly but it get my

Cheers
    Jason

I am usually very reserved when it comes to Camo helmets, but my observations of this one seem to be saying its all original. All the wear just seems to match. Stand by for more of the Camo members to arrive.

I agree nice camo.

Not DAK though, but still a very nice lid!

this is the one I really want, but its pricey!!!!!!!!

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I guess it is a matter of taste but from that picture I don't find it all that attractive.
    I would proceed with caution with regards to the sand camo.

The first one looks like it has a very good chance but the second with the decal peeking through looks very fake to me. The repeated wear marks all over it would make me pass.

they are both being sold by well respected dealers but I still try to be very cautious, I would like a sand or DAK camo and the second one is suppose to be a personalized camo, assuming the soldier put the marks in it while he was painting it, maybe with a knife or his fingernail, they are identical in pattern and wear over the entire helmet. but like I said its pricey, the sand camo is much cheaper.

I've seen the description on the site for second one, it still wouldn't be for me. Assessments like that are always subjective, and imaginative to some degree.

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    You do not want that one, fake camo and manmade damage/aging.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast