Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed

Article about: by Larry C My wife plays the slot machines in Atlantic city and drops easily \\$200 and comes home with nothing,, I spend \\$250-300 on an artifact that will increase in value ( investment I tel

?

Default Re: Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    they are both being sold by well respected dealers but I still try to be very cautious, I would like a sand or DAK camo and the second one is suppose to be a personalized camo, assuming the soldier put the marks in it while he was painting it, maybe with a knife or his fingernail, they are identical in pattern and wear over the entire helmet. but like I said its pricey, the sand camo is much cheaper.
    I suggest you read this thread; Board Message. It describes the reality of one "well respected" dealer.

Then reread your description of the camo he is selling. "...is suppose to be a personalized camo, assuming the soldier put the marks in it while he was painting it, maybe with a knife or his fingernail, they are identical in pattern and wear over the entire helmet.". That my friend is postwar repetitive wear being described as "personalized camo", the latest description by a dealer plying the fakery and trying to vacuum the money out of your wallet.

The first one doesn't get my heart pumping either to be honest but an in hand is always best. That said its not a DAK per se, that camo pattern could have been applied literally in any theater the Germans were involved in. DAK sounds sexier, like how most relics were dug up in Demyansk or Cholm or Stalingrad. You never hear this relic came from Slobodia or some town nobody ever heard of in some Ukrainian swampland. So DAK and Normandy camo are descriptive terms to identify a camopattern overused by dealers who tug your heart strings with an easily identifiable theater of war.

If you want a nice bonafide tan pattern camo I have held this one in hand and it's fantastic (no I have never owned it) World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE! and an excellent price if you ask me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand Camo M42 Opinion needed
    P
    Many

Thank you doug(and others), I bought my m35 double decal luft from dave, great person and dealer and there is never any doubt about his products, I think im going to stick with him from now on and thanks for the camo knowledge, I will tread cautiously and as always post something here before I purchase.

?

That link on GHW also shows many fakes being dumped via his site as well. Anyone can make mistakes but here is a clear pattern on the one site that's impossible to ignore. Camos are a massive minefield to be certain.

Im reading up on all of that stuff now, very informative, but now im really paranoid, sounds like I should have stuck to collecting star wars stuff lol

Im kinda in love with this one also, m42 with multi color camo

?

Im reading up on all of that stuff now, very informative, but now im really paranoid, sounds like I should have stuck to collecting star wars stuff lol
    It can be very overwhelming I agree. The best things not to rush to any purchase and research the seller in depth, and post before you buy. It's a rewarding hobby when your doing your homework.

?

Im kinda in love with this one also, m42 with multi color camo

This is a fantastic helmet full of charachter and is one of those helmets that photos do not do justice to. I say that because I've held this in hand many times, it comes from a good friend of mine whose thinning his helmets out a bit via Dave and he also owns the DAK Dave is selling.

There is a complete thread on the thick chunky camo here on GHW;

Board Message

And here is one on the tan camo here;

Board Message

Both are one looker originals.

Thanks doug, I will check them out for sure, and now I know why they call them one lookers, because my wife gave me that special "one look" when I told her how much they cost! lol

That camo is very nice actually, I must have missed that browsing Dave's page. Just off there now to check out the new stuff

?

Thanks doug, I will check them out for sure, and now I know why they call them one lookers, because my wife gave me that special "one look" when I told her how much they cost! lol
    I know that look too, sends a chill right through ya

Brad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast