Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sauerland Decal

Article about: Hello all, I have been doing research just for fun on Sauerland decals. I actually found one for sale that claimed to be original. I amvery certain that this decal is a fake. I will show thi

G43
    ?

Default Sauerland Decal

Hello all,

I have been doing research just for fun on Sauerland decals. I actually found one for sale that claimed to be original. I amvery certain that this decal is a fake. I will show this for educational purposes, unless anyone believe that this decal is original. I am basing my opinion off of Kelly Hick's example that he has on his website which I will include for comparsion. What do you guys think?

Decal in Question:

Sauerland Decal

Kelly Hick's example:
    Sauerland Decal

If you look closely you can see many differences in the letters, the border, the oakleaves and the background color. Is this a variant? I believe it is a fake, but I could be wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sauerland Decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sauerland Decal

For what it is worth I am certain that the decal in question is fake. Jim G.

G43
    ?

I agree. Thanks Jim.

I'd bet the rent on it being bogus.

G43
    ?

It does not match up to Kelly Hick's example very well. Also the price of about $4500 tells you something also. I'd expect one of these to be about $20,000 USD??

This has been discussed before and despite the rarity of these helmets, the consensus amongst the more experienced helmet collectors was that a genuine Sauerland would only go for around $5000 if I recall correctly.

Is the example you found on Oakleaf Militaria's site by any chance?

Well I can see that the design of the oak leaves and acorns is completely different from the Kelly Hicks example.As for originality either way round I have no idea i'm afraid,i have never seen an original in hand. Leon.

Major style deference between the Two, i would go with fake.
    Morris

I would say fake too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is a fake, oakleaf militaria example is also fake. Kelly Hick's example is original. If the decal does not exactly match up then it is bad. As far as I know there was only a single variation of the decal. The oakleaf militaria fake is seen on a lot of helmets, even gladiators. The originals I think are only seen on NS M42s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast