Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SD Heer camo Helmet for review...

Article about: Makes me feel much better about my skepticism. IMO there is not necessarily anything wrong about the camo. We will see soon i hope. Regards, Lars

?

Default Re: SD Heer camo Helmet for review...

Makes me feel much better about my skepticism. IMO there is not necessarily anything wrong about the camo. We will see soon i hope.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer camo Helmet for review...
    P
    Many

?

I could be do wrong on this.....but I reckon you need better pics...if he's asking cammo prices, and he's confident about that,mshould be no reason he couldn't supply better pics

For my 2 cents the paint looks convincing, I think it has honest wear around the edge of the brim. As for the decal if I had to guess I think the area has been cleaned and a fake decal added and artificially aged. The knocks and chips to the decal (top left corner especially) look a little too uniform and 'contrived' to me.

From pics what i can see i like this helmet.With collor used for cammo i cant see eny problems-we used to found the same style also here in Latvia(real ones from countryside).Shadow around deacl could be-If seller tried to clean decal and use some grease to make it look more fresh,Or it is just cleaned and new looks like that.
    It,s common practice to find some real helmets with some spots as from factory but the rest helmet completly destroid by rust.Decals looks like just applied with shadows around,byt real in fact.
    Lets wait for more photos.

?

Krikke have some problems uploading pic, so i will try to put his pics up. The up loader are making problems so i have to give it a few attempts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Heer camo Helmet for review...   SD Heer camo Helmet for review...  

I can't tell with these photos, but I'm guessing it's bad. I'd pass if there as the only ones you have.

?

There are 6 more but none of them are any good. I think the seller has something to hide. Dark and blurry pics and no real decal close-ups.

Regards, Lars

I don't like it, keep your money, look at the picture at left, inside:
    You have rust with paint on the rust, under 11763(rusted too and painted!)
    Cheers,
    Michel

?

Thank you for bringing attention to that area. I was a little suspicious about the font on the LOT No but maybe it's a maker i have not seen. Anyway, looking closely at it, it looks like a relic helmet with rust pitting. I have seen a lot of relic helmets...

Regards, Lars

I agree and disagree. I agree in that we do need more detailed pictures before a final conclusion can be drawn. However, judging from the pictures we do have, I think the helmet is a nice original. The paint shows the age I like to see, with a light fade to it. The same age is reflected in the toned decal. The shadow around the decal is nothing more then the original paint that was either a) never covered, or b) dug up. I'm sure many of you have seen the camo helmets where the paint does not reach the edge of the decal. I'm not seeing any red flags with the paint or decal, and so the helmet has a thumbs up from me. Of course, better pictures will shed more light on the truth, thus my opinion may change. At the moment, I wouldn't venture into buying it until the seller can provide better pictures. Here are some more pictures of the helmet that were sent to me. Liner may be a replacement

Regards,

Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Heer camo Helmet for review...   SD Heer camo Helmet for review...  

SD Heer camo Helmet for review...   SD Heer camo Helmet for review...  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast