Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SD Heer M40 Reissue opinions

Article about: Hey everyone, If you've seen the other thread i posted recently you'd see a nice combat worn helmet with a nice decal and paint. But the liner is almost shot. The price did not reflect the c

Hi Alex,

I’ve purchased from the seller twice in the last year and received two great helmets from him. He knows quite a bit about helmets and his prices are quite reasonable. I’ve seen this one before on the site and it looks like a nice lid.

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer M40 Reissue opinions
    P
    Many

M40 are rarely reissued , nice factory EF.
    I agree that the loose split pin warrants a better look but it could be nothing to worry about.

I think the price is fair, especially given the nice condition of the decal.
    Certainly better than the other helmet i think.
    nick

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    M40 are rarely reissued , nice factory EF.
    I agree that the loose split pin warrants a better look but it could be nothing to worry about.
    Lately seems some confusion on the term "reissue". It's incorrectly used by dealers mostly.
    Reissues are normally m35 helmets that have been re-painted & new wartime liners & straps installed to replace the flimsy, aluminum pre-war liners. It might be decaled, might not. It was then "reissued" to most likely another soldier. As Frank stated...rarely an M40 or 42. There was no need to repaint & re liner a helmet that left the factory with matte, textured paint & a steel liner.

The confusion is in regards to a "re-paint". These are normally just painted outside in a textured paint & inside skirt, up to the liner band keeping the original pre-war aluminum liner band. Again...mostly observed on an M35.
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2