Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796

Article about: This one appears to be a depot repainted/redecaled Heer reissue helmet. It has a reinforced aluminum liner, with rounded bales, and a partial chin strap. The soldier's initials are scratched

Default SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796

This one appears to be a depot repainted/redecaled Heer reissue helmet. It has a reinforced aluminum liner, with rounded bales, and a partial chin strap. The soldier's initials are scratched into the rear of the apron. It was only repainted on the exterior, and the painter appears to have been unfamiliar with the spray gun - check out the paint runs, as bad or worse than any of the repaints I have seen from the Quist factory. I think it is a pretty good example, hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796   SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796  

SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796   SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796  

SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SD Heer Reissue - ET 66 Lot # 4796

Nice one Jim, although i would'nt want this guy painting my doors, i am surprised that it got out of the factory like that, you can expect some minor runs but hells bells did he just pour the paint over it or what, and that decal is a very nicely toned example but it must have been put on by the same guy who is obviously boss eyed

Quote by davejb View Post
    Nice one Jim, although i would'nt want this guy painting my doors, i am surprised that it got out of the factory like that, you can expect some minor runs but hells bells did he just pour the paint over it or what, and that decal is a very nicely toned example but it must have been put on by the same guy who is obviously boss eyed
    Hi Dave, Actually, I think this one was painted by the Fuehrer himself, I heard he was a great painter. Rumor has it that he could paint a whole room in one afternoon - TWO COATS! (The Producers) All kidding aside, I think this was done at the depot level, not at the ET factory. I think so because the paint job is just so sloppy and it has a Pocher Heer decal, whereas I would expect a factory specific ET Heer decal if it were done at the factory. It is pretty neat though. Glad you like it. Cheers, Jim G.

Great helmet, although if I were issued one with that kind of paint job I would make it a priority to find a splittertarn cover for it.

I rather like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!