Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SD M42 Luft with Nice Eagle

Article about: by Lidman A very attractive LW lid Michael. Man, that decal really stands out, and is in superb condition. Congrats on grabbing such a sweet helmet. Brad. Thanks Brad, When I put it next to

MAP
    ?

Default SD M42 Luft with Nice Eagle

Today was an expensive day for me. Picked up a number of items..(Visor, 3 helmets, Japanese Sun Helmet, Japanese Navy Pilot jacket, some tinnies/stickpins and a few Italian medals....)

This is my first M42. Posted a few low rez pics of this helmet earlier and now it is in hand so here are some better pictures.

Really digging the eagle on this M42. Overall in great shape however some put some scotch tape (looks like there was a label on the helmet) on the top years ago so there is some remaining residue on the top and inside shell.

Liner looks hardly used. The leather is nice an thick, and while stiff from age is not cracking.

Make is ET
    Size is 62. quite small
    Batch is 2063

Anyone know a safe way to remove the glue from the tape?

Any and all comments on the helmet are welcome.

Regards,

Michael

SD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice EagleSD M42 Luft with Nice Eagle
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD M42 Luft with Nice Eagle
    P
    Many

That eagle is a stunner for sure, very nice!

The remaining glue on the top could be from a mail home label. Helmets with labels still on them can sometimes be found on the top of the dome. Personally I would just leave it alone. Removing residue may leave undesirable discoloration, etc, this affecting value and collectibility. It's a great helmet as is, maybe even unissued. Besides, it's not hurtig it by being on there so why mess with it?

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    The remaining glue on the top could be from a mail home label. Helmets with labels still on them can sometimes be found on the top of the dome. Personally I would just leave it alone. Removing residue may leave undesirable discoloration, etc, this affecting value and collectibility. It's a great helmet as is, maybe even unissued. Besides, it's not hurtig it by being on there so why mess with it?
    Todd,

Thanks for the feedback. Was thinking the exact same thing (i.e. mail home label) as the tape residue is in the shape of a square "around" the top of the helmet and not directly on top. Guess that add's to the story!

It could be unissued. Also, from what little I know, been told that Luft helmets often sat in the barracks. Either way, I really dig my first M42.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    That eagle is a stunner for sure, very nice!
    Thanks Sir Payne!

Hi Michael , a great Luftwaffe M42, I to would leave the "glue" well alone as it is not detracting from the helmet and as you guys say, if it is a mail home labels residue it is a part of it's history. Good buy, Leon.

What they all said. .

Nice one!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

nice one.

Very nice Luft!

?

A very attractive LW lid Michael.
    Man, that decal really stands out, and is in superb condition.
    Congrats on grabbing such a sweet helmet.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast