Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover

Article about: Hello all, I picked this one up recently and wanted to get some additional opinions for reference. This was originally purchased at auction from the Vet's Estate with the cover on it. The se

The rust around the decal looks to have some age to it so I would say that the digging wasn't done recently. I can't comment on the cover as I don't have much knowledge about them.

The camo doesn't seem to have the DAK pink hue which is often talked about so could be from the Mediterranean, I guess there is no way of knowing for sure.

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover
    P
    Many

it all looks ok imo. for what its worth.

[QUOTE=radidas;1502561]The rust around the decal looks to have some age to it so I would say that the digging wasn't done recently. I can't comment on the cover as I don't have much knowledge about them.

The camo doesn't seem to have the DAK pink hue which is often talked about so could be from the Mediterranean, I guess there is no way of knowing for sure.

Hi William, a nice buy and one that I to would say is Mediterranean cammo rather than DAK. As for the cover, I have never studied them so I cannot comment. Leon.

?

This type of camo was used on a number of fronts including Southern Russia !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

somebody mentioned that this may be a Kriegsmarine decal rather than a toned Heer. I took some shots of the helmet outside in natural daylight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover   SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover  

SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover   SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover  

Very nice helmet . I immediately thought
    KM as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Very nice helmet . I immediately thought
    KM as well.........
    M35
    SE64 4976
    SD KM
    40ZSH

M35
    SE66 4976
    SD KM
    40ZSH/INK RTGG

both lot numbers show up as a SD Kriegsmarine helmet according to the lot number reference for SE 64 and 66 shells so I believe that would make this a KM helmet as well. Had somebody not said anything I would have just assumed a toned Heer decal. Maybe he originally started as KM personnel and was transferred to ground forces as things got worse for the Germans; that would explain the helmet cover being paired with this helmet. Very interesting, thank you!

William Kramer

?

A very interesting helmet, it's a shame about the decal digging though.
    Regards,
    John

Not a helmet I would own in my collection.

Quote by VikingRelics View Post
    Not a helmet I would own in my collection.
    why? What's wrong with this one? Let's discuss it.

William Kramer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast