Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Second opinion on this M35 liner

Article about: So far I agree with most of the statements made, however I still feel that its possible the liner is smaller than the helmets size, liners do shrink but cannot get any smaller than the inner

?

Default Re: Second opinion on this M35 liner

So far I agree with most of the statements made, however I still feel that its possible the liner is smaller than the helmets size, liners do shrink but cannot get any smaller than the inner steel band that its attached to, so to see a gap this large would suggest to me that it was a replacement, although original, perhaps done in period, it may be that a larger liner was not readily available, but nonetheless it is an interesting talking piece, and like Doug if i purchased this i would also change the later added "string", i think that anyone wearing this would find it pretty uncomfortable especially with short hair

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second opinion on this M35 liner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Second opinion on this M35 liner

Well, bullet bitten gents, it's on hold for me I decided I would regret not getting this one. I really do like the kneepad, it's a nice personal touch as was said, I think very probable as period done.

I agree Doug, the cord is curious. I'll give it a real close inspection as you suggest and if it looks postwar I'll put in a drawstring.

Thank for the help gents!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2