Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seeking Impressions of This Helmet

Article about: Marty It's not the decal I'm trying to impress, but the camo appearance

carlos13
    ?

Default Seeking Impressions of This Helmet

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, I have a some headgear lying around and thought I might throw it out there for conversation. I obtained this helmet about four or five years ago. It is marked "63" on the liner. No chinstrap, stamped "1476" on the shell. No evidence of a decal that I can see. Nice mosaic of colors, basket well affixed and nice patina and oxidation along the wire and inside the helmet. Anyway, thoughts, impressions, comments are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking Impressions of This Helmet   Seeking Impressions of This Helmet  

Seeking Impressions of This Helmet   Seeking Impressions of This Helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Seeking Impressions of This Helmet

Pics are small but looks like a post war job to me.

Sorry to tell you ,but it is post war camo helmet.

Its brave to put helmets in a collection for scrutiny by other collectors ,i hope you are not too disappointed by the replies so far .they look great though ,lv

I have to admit that it looks nice. if this is a fake I have no doubt I would have fallen for it as well!

I don't think brave comes into it. Surely it is best to know you haven't bought a dog?

How many collectors have bought helmets thinking that they are the real deal, only to find out at a later date their pride and joy, is in fact a pup? And they only find that out when they come to sell it...............

I have been collecting now since 1972, and do you know what? When i first started, camo's were unheard of, in the quantities we now get. It seems everywhere you turn, there's a chicken wire Zim, tri colour sand colour, half basket, full basket, and now I've seen it all with a Zelt cover!
    I think the only one I haven't seen yet is blue with pink spots.

I for one view everything with scepticism (an attitude marked by a tendency to doubt what others accept to be true)..........Ad em cynicism disbelief doubt uncertainty.

All that glitters is not necessarily gold

If everything that has been shown on this, and every other forum were real, the allies would have been out-numbered 20-1, we would all be walking around speaking German, and wearing leather shorts..........

Real or not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking Impressions of This Helmet  

Quote by John Brandon View Post

Hi, I agree that this helmet is likely to be post war redone

Here you are John, I could not resist, a blue one with pink spots

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking Impressions of This Helmet  

?

In the 45+ years that I have actively collected WWII German helmets with the attempt to educate myself at the same time. I have only found 3 WWII paint camoflaged helmets out of the several hundred helmets that I have owned and passed through my hands personally. I have kept all 3. They came directly from vets. I have seen only 3 or 4 more at shows that I thought were good. I believe that I have probably had at least a thousand + helmets in my hands over the last 45+ years from shows and looking at personal collections. The tidalwave of helmets available now including wire camo leave me suspicious at the very least. I think camo helmets are like walking through a mine field wearing snow shoes.
    Steve

Quote by SteveR View Post
    In the 45+ years that I have actively collected WWII German helmets with the attempt to educate myself at the same time. I have only found 3 WWII paint camoflaged helmets out of the several hundred helmets that I have owned and passed through my hands personally. I have kept all 3. They came directly from vets. I have seen only 3 or 4 more at shows that I thought were good. I believe that I have probably had at least a thousand + helmets in my hands over the last 45+ years from shows and looking at personal collections. The tidalwave of helmets available now including wire camo leave me suspicious at the very least. I think camo helmets are like walking through a mine field wearing snow shoes.
    Steve
    Well I'm glad someone is thinking like I do

Jerry.........That's a good one

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I don't think brave comes into it. Surely it is best to know you haven't bought a dog?

How many collectors have bought helmets thinking that they are the real deal, only to find out at a later date their pride and joy, is in fact a pup? And they only find that out when they come to sell it...............

I have been collecting now since 1972, and do you know what? When i first started, camo's were unheard of, in the quantities we now get. It seems everywhere you turn, there's a chicken wire Zim, tri colour sand colour, half basket, full basket, and now I've seen it all with a Zelt cover!

I for one view everything with scepticism (an attitude marked by a tendency to doubt what others accept to be true)..........Ad em cynicism disbelief doubt uncertainty.

All that glitters is not necessarily gold

If everything that has been shown on this, and every other forum were real, the allies would have been out-numbered 20-1, we would all be walking around speaking German, and wearing leather shorts..........

Real or not?
    let me try, since I'm a newb, the bottom does not look right to me, from below the decal, it flairs out quite a bit. am I wrong?, I just look & read what you guys write about helmet's let me know if I'm wrong, thanks Marty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast