Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm wondering what my m42 is worth. I'm a bit torn wether I should sell my first helmet for a better one. Here's some pics...

?

Default Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?

Hi guys, I'm wondering what my m42 is worth. I'm a bit torn wether I should sell my first helmet for a better one. Here's some pics...Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?
    P
    Many

?

I would just buy another one and wait and see if you want to keep the first one.

?

I would if I could, but my dad is like a barrier. He doesn't really like me buying german stuff anyways, also the price to him isn't worth it. If I were to sell mine, I would basically pay $200 for a $600 helmet.

?

Why sell I'd keep this one I like it a real grunt job I'll never understand you TR boys I betting from those pics it has the original liner,dude keep it.
    At some stage add if you want a nice m40 dont tell your dad everything mine wouldn't let me have a motorbike when I turned 16yrs I still bought one and kept it at a mates house lol!

Eric

?

Lol, buying in secret, I'm not that daring. I think I like this one too much to give. I think it was once apple green.

The M42 that you have is a decent honest example of a war worn German helmet. I agree that the liner looks to be original to the helmet. To Upgrade this lid, you would be looking at some fairly heavy money, as the next in the line is one with a full decal and intact paint, and that's going to be a considerable cost. Sure, a nice Luftwaffe or single decal Heer would be nice, but to consider dropping $700-1000 or more on an example would be quite a problem, given your present situation.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I love these one lookers mate awhile back a dealer must have bought a bunch of them within a few days all had sold I forget the dealer but remember the helmets,,,keep it.
    LOL! take the old man to a game or something work on him!

Eric

?

Thanks wargriff, the liner is original, don't worry. Surprisingly I got this from ebay! Also, do you think it's a reissue? I mean, I can see an apple green paint behind the liner band.

?

Oh, I've worked on him. That's how I acquired this helmet. Lol I bugged him so much that he finally gave in.

?

I'd be interested what William has to say on the finish too for me it isn't a reissue, paint changes to a different shade over the decades.

Cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast