Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm wondering what my m42 is worth. I'm a bit torn wether I should sell my first helmet for a better one. Here's some pics...

?

Can you post a pic of it unimarc? I would love to see it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?
    P
    Many

Quote by WillC View Post
    What's it's lot number, what if... Maybe... It was same lot...
    It is an EF64. The lot number is hard to read ....2887 maybe???

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Same size, different lot, mine is I think, 1887? Can't remember. Btw, where'd you get it, and how much?

Quote by WillC View Post
    Same size, different lot, mine is I think, 1887? Can't remember. Btw, where'd you get it, and how much?
    $200 on Ebay back in 2010.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quite a nice lid. I'm looking for another lid to add to my collection. I'm trying to find one with a lot of character, but I don't want it to break the bank. I found one like this for 70, but it's a really nice relic m40/35(can't remember)

?

Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?This is the type of helmet I'm looking for. This is my dream Heer helmet

Quote by WillC View Post
    Can you post a pic of it unimarc? I would love to see it.
    Here it is WillC,

Had it since I was 14, some 30 years+ !! Still happy for it .
    My best friends gran dad, a resistance fighter during the war, kept it together with some other items . My friend gave it all to me back then :-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Nice helmets here. M42s are a great place to start. They were never issued in pea/apple green, but in feld grau.

My first was an M34 Police, I chose to sell it after a few months and upgraded to a complete M40 Single Decal Luft. I'm glad I did!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?  

My first helmet is also an M42 bought from Warnham arms fair when the excellent museum was still there.
    Cant find any stamps on this. As well as the name on the skirt on the liner is the name "Rademacher" one side and "WKgK"? on the other written in ink.
    Had this a long time and dont think I would ever trade it in for something else!
    Cheers.

Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?Should I sell my m42 to get a better helmet?

If I were you, I would keep it. Like Danmark said, your first helmet is always special and something you won't forget.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast