Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Single best reference book for collecting German Helmets

Article about: Hey Gents....my XMAS present from my wife this year is a reference book. What would you say is the single best book out there? Also where do I get it? Thanks, Morgan

?

Default Single best reference book for collecting German Helmets

Hey Gents....my XMAS present from my wife this year is a reference book. What would you say is the single best book out there? Also where do I get it?

Thanks,

Morgan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single best reference book for collecting German Helmets
    P
    Many

That all depends, of course, on what is your particular focus of collecting. Caps? Helmets? Badges and Awards? Any one branch of the services? Etc? If you can narrow it down to one field, we can certainly help you pick out a good reference book!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wagriff, a book on 2nd war German combat helmets is really what I'm after, looks like a few good suggestions presented already!

In rance, they are fans of the first book, with the number of lot, you can tell if the helmet is for KM, LW or SS
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I can recommend Ken N's book and this new book by Jan and Gisle (just released)
    Hick's book is good when you want to collect specifically SS but some errors have been discovered recently.

German World War II Helmets & Headgear - Norwegian Collections
    by Jan M. Meland & Gisle Jøntvedt
    ... The book is in A4 (210 x 297 mm) format, hardcover and contains of 166 pages with 83 helmets, 8 SS cloth headgear covered with 624 images of good quality. The books layout provide the reader/collector with large pictures of decals, chinstraps, maker marks, wear and patina of paint in many angles. This is the first book of many helmet books world wide which has this type of presentation.

This is what you need!

Single best reference book for collecting German Helmets

?

Now the million dollar question....does ANYONE have, or know of someone who has a used copy of Ken N's book that they would sell? After tax, shipping and duty it's a $200 book here in Canada. A bit of a long shot I know....

?

Try this link to Abe books
    Germanys Combat Helmets by Ken Niewiarowicz - AbeBooks

Regards
    Brett

?

Sorry Rahllo
    The link I gave you does not work when you click on it. Abe books has several on offer at the moment at
    much cheaper prices.

Edit: I am a total computer dunce but the link should now work

Regards
    Brett