Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!

Article about: Wow the paint on our helmets are literally Identical! How strange, also I didn't know the links don't work! I will try and upload those two photos again ( the split and the decal)Attachment

Default Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!

Ok so I've owned this helmet a few years (since school actually) My friends grandad gave it to me and I am now ready to sell it on and I really would like to know more about it I need to know about the paint!!! The decal looks good, the helmet look alright and the liner looks good but there is some kind of wounding to it (shrapnel maybe? I don't know) that's been hammered back down (reissue?) but the helmet has been painted or lacquered on the outside and painted black on the inside??? Any Info would be extremley helpful!! pictures to follow..

Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!IMG_0377.jpgSingle Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!

Ok so here is a picture of the split at the top of the helmet
    Attachment 363141

The paint is not original IMO.

Hi welcome to the forum. The liner looks good with an original drawstring. The liner band is early aluminum style prior to when they began reinforcing the liner bands with steel near the chin strap bale (which are the square pieces hanging down. The shell has been repainted. Hard for me to say from these pics if it was war time or post war but probably post war. They typically didn't reissue in smooth paint and the paint job on this one looks very sloppy around the decal If you can? Take some photos in natural light on the macro (little flower symbol) setting. This will help judge the paint. Do you see a makers mark under the left ear area, would look like an ET64 or Q66 etc? Also a very close pix of the decal would be good. It might be a good decal that was painted around.

Hi thanks alot for this info! I looked where the left ear piece and where it's been painted black it's very hard to make out it looks like CP TU, I will take some pictures in a second, hard to do with natural light as it's the middle of the night but I could get some natural looking shots

You can wait until day light. Doesn't have to be urgent. We're not going anywhere.

Ok sorry about the impatients but I've waited years to find out why this is painted, I got a good picture of the decal and have been trying to get the numbers near the left ear, I can barley see them myself as whoever painted it went to town on it but have a picture none the less... Cheers! Attachment 363166 Attachment 363167

- - Updated - -

Incredibly blurred numbers... sorry 'bout that

it's been repainted because the owner thought it would look better , when helmets weren't expensive , in the sixties and early seventies it was not uncommon to do that.
    I know because my dad did it as well.

Thats interesting! so does would anybody know the value of this helmet? also can anyone explain the split that's been hammered down in the top?
    Thanks alot!

?

Funny you should almost believe it is the same person who painted my former double Luftwaffe. The paint look almost identical :- ) I allow myself to upload a couple of pictures so you can see it. Yours also got the same kind of brown liner which might be a Norwegian reissue. I think the decal is good but like Helmtone say a better picture would help to determinate it.
    The value drops fast when it has been repainted. I guess it could bring around 150-300 usd if the decal is good.

also can anyone explain the split that's been hammered down in the top?
    What split are you talking about? – I guess it is possible to see it in one of the attached links you made (These links doesn’t work anymore.)

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!   Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!  

Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!   Single Decal Luftwaffe Helmet Need Help!!!  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast