Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Single Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for Review

Article about: Hello all, a good friend of mine passed away a year ago and the widow wants me to sell some of the helmet collection accumulated over the last 30 years. The note in this one states it was pu

Default Single Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for Review

Hello all, a good friend of mine passed away a year ago and the widow wants me to sell some of the helmet collection accumulated over the last 30 years. The note in this one states it was purchased from Manion's. I vaguely remember several of these single decal EF M42 Kriegsmarine helmets being sold at the same time from Manion's. If I remember right a small cache had been found. The paint is nicer on the outside than on the inside and the decal does not look right in my eye, but I have limited experience with Kriegsmarine helmets. Could it be a re-issue or just another flounder that slipped passed Manion's experts?Single Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for ReviewSingle Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for Review
    P
    Many

Hello & welcome here

Unfortunately it looks to be repainted & the decal is a reproduction.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hello & welcome here

Unfortunately it looks to be repainted & the decal is a reproduction.
    +1

Decal is missing the darker black edge that I would expect. Any other helmets to look at?

Hi, sorry, but that is not a genuine KM decal, colour is much to pale and the print set is all wrong for an EF made piece. Leon.

One thing I've noticed about a lot of reproduction decals is the lack of 'pointedness' to the feathers - both on the upper wings and the breast of the adler. This decal is such as well as lacking sharpness.

Deep golden sparkle of KM decal:

Single Decal M42 EF Kriegsmarine Helmet for Review

Nick

Thank you for the welcome and the review. It is just as I suspected and will be a tough one to tell the widow. They both really felt like they could trust Manion's. The feather outline on the decal was really thick and rounded and the distance from the bottom of the swastika to the bottom of the decal was pretty large. The decal did not look like the thin winged Huber you would expect to see on an EF, but I was hoping it may have been a reissue. I have a few camouflage WWI M16 helmets from the collection also. Thank you all!!

Hopefully you will have better luck with the M16 camos. Maybe you can post those here also.

Never trust Manion's or any other auction site for that matter. Sad but true.