Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Small size late war m42 helmet

Article about: Picked up this late war M42 helmet , looks never painted so may have been left unused at the end of the war Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Small size late war m42 helmet

Picked up this late war M42 helmet , looks never painted so may have been left unused at the end of the war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small size late war m42 helmet   Small size late war m42 helmet  

Small size late war m42 helmet   Small size late war m42 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small size late war m42 helmet
    P
    Many

Very nice example. timothy

nice find.

Some late made M42 helmets seem to be not painted but have a "chromate dip" to stop them rusting.
    I don't know that as a fact but I have one too that has some sort of coating that could not be considered 'paint' in the truest sense - way too thin - more like a wash or dip.

Anyone know exactly?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

M38
    ?

Brian Ice has studied these late war M42's extensively and has theorized that some of them were coated with a phosphate based rustproofing material, due to lack of quality paints available at the end of the war. The phosphate coating was very thin and served only to inhibit rust. This could be one of those. If you can make out the whole lot number, or find a date on the liner, it would help to pin down the year of manufacture of this helmet.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

That's a real interesting helmet. Never heard about this process. Thanks for showing and for everyone else for the education.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Is the lot # "5056"? Jim G.

Hi, an interesting helmet, I would be interested to see if these late war M42's have a tendency to be on the small size as an average, bearing in mind the increasing use of child soldiers in the Reich at this time? Leon.

?

Default Possible match on lot number?

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering about the lot number.
    My ckl60 has a very lightly stamped 4 as the second digit and your great looking helmet's stamp looks similar in the photos at least .
    I've enjoyed viewing your M42 a few times already and will again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small size late war m42 helmet