Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.

Article about: What you guys think? Thanks! Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.

What you guys think? Thanks! Betting camo is fake... But how does the rest look?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.   Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.  

Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.   Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Snow camo? Luftschutz helmet.
    P
    Many

The helmet itself is a nice LuftSchutz, I don't know what to make of the paint. timothy

why camo a Luftschutz helmet daft,but nice helmet.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    why camo a Luftschutz helmet daft,but nice helmet.
    My sentiments exactly,why Camo a non-combat Helmet?ruins a totally original Helmet,shame really overall............

A bored kid and a tin of paint maybe?......still worth owning at the right price!...

I don't think its white anyway because if you look in the front there's light blue paint but I believe it was post war done at some point.

Thanks guys for feedback.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    My sentiments exactly,why Camo a non-combat Helmet?ruins a totally original Helmet,shame really overall............
    Civil helmets were camo-ed , just look at the light weight section on GHW. You'll see some genuine ones.
    At the end of the war all kinds of material and rear echelon troops came close to the front.
    Especially after the Falaise pocket debacle and new front line was established from retreating units having lost a lot of their equipment and therefore combing the hinterland for resources.

You forgoting that at at very last front everything was used; there is well know propaganda film showing Volksturm units using this kind of helmets as their BATTLE helmets, so IMO it might have a chance if used somewhere in east in February/March 1945 by Volksturm units ( I have seen a Luftschutz helmet painted white with thick layer of whitewash from Silesia found in basements/attics ).

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    You forgoting that at at very last front everything was used; there is well know propaganda film showing Volksturm units using this kind of helmets as their BATTLE helmets, so IMO it might have a chance if used somewhere in east in February/March 1945 by Volksturm units ( I have seen a Luftschutz helmet painted white with thick layer of whitewash from Silesia found in basements/attics ).
    Good to know! So the paint stands a chance! Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast