Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So many helmets!!!!!!

Article about: Ok, I know most people have seen this photo or ones just like it. But for fun....first how many different helmet can you pick out for example m38's,wired helmets, named helmets, camo painted

Default So many helmets!!!!!!

Ok, I know most people have seen this photo or ones just like it. But for fun....first how many different helmet can you pick out for example m38's,wired helmets, named helmets, camo painted helmets, AND in today's money, value of the pile. disclaimer sorry for the bad pics I took the pictures with my iPad before leaving for work this morning.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture So many helmets!!!!!!   So many helmets!!!!!!  

So many helmets!!!!!!   So many helmets!!!!!!  

So many helmets!!!!!!   So many helmets!!!!!!  

So many helmets!!!!!!  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement So many helmets!!!!!!
    P
    Many

Those pictures were taken in my back yard last summer when I was cataloging my collection - I wish!

When is someone going to invent a time machine so we can go back to that pile and loot the heck outta it??!!!! I can only imagine......that's a goldmine of goodies. A helmet collectors wet dream.*sigh*

I WOULD NOT DOUBT IT!!!!!! Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I wish I could make like Scrooge McDuck and dive in!!!

I wonder how soldiers felt about helmets back then? how much value did they have back when they were so numerous / common?

if it was a pile of modern kevlar type helmets like PASGT helmets, most people wouldnt want them

Nice picture I believe I have read that is referred to as "The big Hole" and was taken in Holland I think they were buried in a big pit, or so I have read in the article here while back on one of the forums a guy dug a bunch of them and claims to have found it who knows. timothy

I'm sure pics will spread quickly when its found. I really hope I get to be around when it happens!

Default the surrender of the 6 FJ Div

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by Nathan362 View Post
    I'm sure pics will spread quickly when its found. I really hope I get to be around when it happens!
    I think there's a thread on here on this discovery already--

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast