Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So, who had the worst first helmet?

Article about: I have yet to get a german helmet but my first helmet is a Russian ssh40

Default Re: So, who had the worst first helmet?

My very first helmet was a mint WWII Canadian helmet given to me as a kid
    around 1970, but my first German helmet was a Norwegian re-work M42
    - which I promptly sanded down to bare metal, sprayed gloss black
    and applied SS decals. I still have a photo of it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement So, who had the worst first helmet?
    P
    Many

I had several - and this thread reminded me of a dusty plastic bin in the shed on a top shelf. Yep, junk collector that I am - it was still there.
    These were from my early teenage years in the 70's - a couple of Vietnam issue M1's and a horrible PLASTIC German thing with an equally horrible cammo cover.
    And i STILL can't bring myself to throw it out!!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture So, who had the worst first helmet?   So, who had the worst first helmet?  

So, who had the worst first helmet?   So, who had the worst first helmet?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

my helmet was a spainish german style helmet with the clip or slot at the front had no liner i was 7 years old an i thought it was a german helmet i saved my pocket money for a long time and bought it. but for years i could never work out why my german helmet had a clip in the front and all the ones in my dads ww2 books never did it was only when i went to spain in 2008 and went to a fort in barcelona seen it there. it was 50 dollers 1987 i can still remember the guy saying yes its german that was a lot of money for me then. dont have it anymore wish i did.

Some great replies, looking forward to seeing your lid Lars, that one with the cover was your first one?

Ned they are some funny ones mate Reminds me of the "African Infantryman of the Year"

So, who had the worst first helmet?So, who had the worst first helmet?

My first german helmet was a real beauty,a normandy cammo i saw for £30 complete with liner and chinstrap that i was bought for christmas 25years ago.Then before i received that georgeous peice of kit on the greatest day of the year something happened to it that i never saw coming.As i excitedly tore off the wrapping paper my beautiful HEER CAMMO had turned into a metalic black DD SS.It stank of fresh paint and tears!!! Call me ungratefull but THANKS DAD!!

?

It was not my first helmet sorry. It have been in the familys possession for quite a long time. I think some kids had a go at it, but before that.... The "rivets" Here we go.

Please note the rare eagle decal on the front of the helmet. Nice battle worn decal.

A rare circular Pocher SS You will have to click. Pic loader epic fail...

PICT0152.jpg

And in general note the "riveted" vents and retaining pin holes. Worthy of a village blacksmith or maybe not. Have no idea why? It also has 2 coats of horror paint. First coat is Soviet green. The second i don't know. I am considering renovating this lid. Weld the frost cracks and do something remotely "period" to it. After all it served on the Eastern front.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    These Egyptian freedom fighters had to do some quick thinking when faced against Mubharak's tanks, AK's and RPG's not long ago....unfortunately all these helmets were stinkers....

Attachment 397557

The "I'm ready for anything" MK1

Attachment 397558

The "Baguettes of War" sandwich helmet.

Attachment 397559

The "Best equipped man in Tahir Square" helmet.

Attachment 397560

And my personal favourite, "The rubbish (bin)" helmet.
    I would say the last one is a relic due to all the holes, or someones been a bit over zealous with the oxalic acid

My first was found after it went thru our garbage grinder Dent and cracks everywhere, but the liner and chinstrap are relatively solid in comparison.

?

That's a good pic Joe. Part panic, part anger

?

My first helmet was found in a little creek by a neighbour. He gave it to me when he saw my big baby seal eyes, but if he knew what he had started by giving this rotten helmet to me- I bet he would not have done it.

Hehe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast