Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Some questions about an M42 camo

Article about: First of all, if this looks familiar, it's because I posted it on another forum before I discovered this one. I apologize in advance if that is a breach of etiquette, but there wasn't a lot

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    You need to take photos of it without all the shadows and without the direct sunlight. Otherwise we might as well have our eyes closed to be honest. ITs just guessing.
    Apologies for the bad photos. Maybe it was the wrong time of day, but I can't get a good photo of the helmet at all. Maybe the camouflage works too well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some questions about an M42 camo
    P
    Many

This helmet certainly stands a chance of being an original camouflage/overpaint helmet, but you will need to take better photos if you want a solid answer. Take the time, in this case it is worth it!

Josh

Do you really want answers ? A said, better photos are required.
    Either way, for $40 you did extremely well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Erno View Post
    Apologies for the bad photos. Maybe it was the wrong time of day, but I can't get a good photo of the helmet at all. Maybe the camouflage works too well.
    Go indoors and open a drape.

That very well might be a lighter green overpaint I had a similar one from a barn find in Russia or the Ukraine. I also have a US M-1 fixed bale that has faded to a lighter green but is not quite the color as this one. timothy

?

Sorry about the delay, fellows. If it isn't cloudy tomorrow, I'll get some better pictures posted. Thanks for all the opinions thus far!

?

Sorry about the delay! There's been snow on the ground here for about a month straight, but I finally broke down and braved the elements (by that, I mean to say that I brushed the snow off the barbecue grill) and took some better photos. I hope these will be more helpful. I notice at least three different colors of paint on the helmet; there's the pea green that covers most of it, but there also streaks of darker green and and some brownish (not the rust). The brown color looks like it may have been applied with something like a rag or a sponge. Also, I can clearly see the outline of the decal under the green paint.

Some questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camoSome questions about an M42 camo

Thanks in advance, and also for all the great insight I've already gotten on this helmet.

Really....... First the DAF desk ornament and now this. Two very good buys. I want to go out shopping with you dude !

?

Quote by krabbekrout View Post
    Really....... First the DAF desk ornament and now this. Two very good buys. I want to go out shopping with you dude !
    Haha, well, I got this one a couple of months ago, and it's the only thing worth buying that I've found in a retail shop. I am happy to have it!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Appears to stand a chance and the price you paid was pretty good IMHO. Is that the faintest trace of a decal under the paint? Best left alone even if it is as digging out decals is frowned upon these days and would devalue the helmet.
    If a decal is there it is in the wrong place - should be directly below the vent hole. Post war Norwegian decals were in the forward position however .....????

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some questions about an M42 camo  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast