Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Someone sell me a helmet?

Article about: I know many of you have way too many helmets... I mean if we all had one things would be more equal, wouldn't they? ;-) I'm looking for a plain helmet, with an intact or mostly intact liner,

Default Someone sell me a helmet?

I know many of you have way too many helmets... I mean if we all had one things would be more equal, wouldn't they? ;-)

I'm looking for a plain helmet, with an intact or mostly intact liner, M42 or M40, maybe leaning towards the M42 as I have some other late war stuff. Not looking to spend a fortune, and I'll make a nice donation to the site upon completion of a successful transaction.

I'm still quite hurt over the loss of a prospective helmet the other night, which I went to snipe on that one site we all love to hate... and for some reason the bid never went through, the page more or less bogged down... I really was upset, still am.

It's not really a need as much as it is a want, and considering some of you guys have ten of the bloody things, I thought someone here might take pity on me and let me get this out of my system so I can move on with life ;-)

Thx in advance ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Someone sell me a helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Someone sell me a helmet?

Ebay will never be a good place for a beginner to look for helmets. Only the extremely experienced and the extremely patient are able to find deals on Ebay. Take a look here and see if any of these fall within your price range: World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE!

plenty of helmets in the classifieds , no need to post such message in the discussion forum.

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    I know many of you have way too many helmets... I mean if we all had one things would be more equal, wouldn't they? ;-)

I'm looking for a plain helmet, with an intact or mostly intact liner, M42 or M40, maybe leaning towards the M42 as I have some other late war stuff. Not looking to spend a fortune, and I'll make a nice donation to the site upon completion of a successful transaction.

I'm still quite hurt over the loss of a prospective helmet the other night, which I went to snipe on that one site we all love to hate... and for some reason the bid never went through, the page more or less bogged down... I really was upset, still am.

It's not really a need as much as it is a want, and considering some of you guys have ten of the bloody things, I thought someone here might take pity on me and let me get this out of my system so I can move on with life ;-)

Thx in advance ;-)
    Hi, there are many to sell in the classifieds area of the forum.
    Take a look there.

Cheers
    Nuno

just go to dougs house lol

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    plenty of helmets in the classifieds , no need to post such message in the discussion forum.
    Obviously the helmet I'm looking for is not in the classifieds... And there may be many helmets potentially on the chopping block with someone who has just upgraded, or needs to liquidate something for an upcoming purchase. I think it's a totally legitimate post.

When I see someone who posts a couple pics (as in the other day in a separate thread) who has nearly ten helmets that are more or less the same thing, i can't help but think that there is possibly one that is on it's way out of the collection, and would be a fine piece for a first helmet for me.

At the same time, I'm not looking for a helmet that needs to be upgraded right away. I have limited money and space, and I do not want more than one helmet.

At the same time, I will not spend $2k on a helmet for ww2.helmets.com

At the same time I will not spend $900 on an empty shell of a helmet as seen in the Classifieds, no offense to the seller.

At the same time, I did miss out on a very nice piece when my bid didn't go through the other night, nice M42, liked by everyone who saw pics. I appreciate the disdain some here feel for fleaBay, at least I won't have to compete for a helmet there from the more advanced members here, as we all know everything on eBay is fake ;-)

But in a community such as this, I thought maybe an appeal to help a fellow collector out is not so out of line. Undoubtedly there are many here among us who do have a helmet that they are ready to part with, maybe not to the point of trying to deal with the Classifieds section (and maybe because it is hard to let go?), but who would maybe welcome the thought of dealing with someone who is serious about pulling the trigger on one right now.

Thx all ;-)

?

We also have a wanted section why not just post what you want to purchase there , specify exactly how much you want to spend etc , that is what it is for !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Dave's $2K helmets are minty double decal Heer M35's. Remember that a helmet like that isn't going to be found for very much less. If you are openly asking for a bargain, then step in line buddy...

Quote by Paul E View Post
    We also have a wanted section why not just post what you want to purchase there , specify exactly how much you want to spend etc , that is what it is for !!
    I've had an ad in the Wanted section for a week, the only response was someone trying to scam me... I posted a thread on it in this section.

As far as ww2.com double decals being worth every penny, they may be, but unfortunately there's no way I can justify spending that kind of money on a helmet. Unless I knew it was worth infinitely more...

As far as "asking for a bargain", I don't think so and I don't think there's been anything in my posts to indicate that. I am looking for a good deal, yes. Like anyone else.

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Actually Frank is quite correct in this matter , the classifieds are for sales and wanteds not the discussion forum as you are aware of them and using them i'm closing this thread,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings