Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Splinter Camouflage Helmet Cover

Article about: Hello all, this is my newest addition to my collection and I am more than happy with it. I must thank Michael for answering my questions a while ago and giving me a link to this cover. I did

MAP
    ?

Yes. That's who I thought. I saw his Norwegian surplus example too. Similar to mine but his example is of more recent conversion. I got mine when I was a young kid for my birthday. They were $19.95

Mine is here

Re My Unique Imports Helmet

And here is the catalog

Unique Imports catalog circa 1976/Helmet sales page

What ever helmet you get, make sure it fits the cover. Not sure if these Heer covers come in different sizes but the SS ones do and they tend to run small
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Splinter Camouflage Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

The Cover is suppose to fit on a size 64 and 66, I will try for a 66 as the cover seem pretty big. I always love when I find old military surplus catalogs, it really shows how the prices have changed over what seems like a short amount of time.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    The Cover is suppose to fit on a size 64 and 66, I will try for a 66 as the cover seem pretty big. I always love when I find old military surplus catalogs, it really shows how the prices have changed over what seems like a short amount of time.
    The SS covers run small. Maybe the fabric has shrunk over time. I would shoot for a 64 but get what you can get.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP thanks for including the catalog picture. I love that part of collector history. Long before I came onto the scene. An older neighbor (much older than you or I) was telling me a story of buying bayonets out of a bayonet catalog in the 50s/60s. Fascinating and way more interesting to me than internet times

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    MAP thanks for including the catalog picture. I love that part of collector history. Long before I came onto the scene. An older neighbor (much older than you or I) was telling me a story of buying bayonets out of a bayonet catalog in the 50s/60s. Fascinating and way more interesting to me than internet times
    I bet the catalog I had in the 70's is still at my mothers house....somewhere.

As promised here are some photos of the cover on a proper helmet. It's an IMA Finish import helmet. No rust just some minor flaking of the paint which I knocked off so I wouldn't damage the cover. Not the best photos but what I was able to get when the helmet came.

Splinter Camouflage Helmet CoverSplinter Camouflage Helmet Cover

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2